(Review) Sweet Fanny Anne’s

By the bus interchange, Rutherford House. Ph 472 7777

My first Rutherford House experience last Monday was not all good. After working off a hangover I had acquired from my champagne breakfast (sweeties), I was greeted at the Pipitea campus by the sterile shining-newness of Rutherford house… with its ridiculous one-couch-to-every-hundred-people ratio. Searching for coffee to ease my woes, I headed back to the bus stop from whence I came, and noticed Sweet Fanny-Anne’s. I was already chuffed by the name of this establishment, so imagine how much I perked up when I discovered that SFA’s is also a great café! Finally, decent food can be found on campus. Sweet Fanny-Anne’s offers a range of fresh, tasty café style food. Sandwich flavours include chicken, slow-roasted tomato and aioli. The feta pate, roast pumpkin, rocket and relish panini also caught my eye. Their baking is of the genuine variety – thankfully, SFA’s have not been tempted to produce those colossal scones and muffins you so often find in cafes. In addition to counter food, an all-day menu features classics such as the BLT ($7), Bacon and Eggs on toast ($9), or Pancakes with Berries, Crème Fraiche and Maple Syrup ($12). The coffee served is Havana, and can be had in the comfortable (yet sometimes overflowing) café. Although they have a ready-made market – being surrounded by hungry students and staff – they still make an effort to provide good quality food and friendly service, which is refreshing. Unlike some establishments at university, they even have eftpos – how novel!! So now I frolic to Rutherford House three times weekly for my fix of SFA. Sweet Fanny-Anne’s, that is.

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos