February 28, 2005 | by  | in News |

Orientation Finds its Feet

Orientation has been a great success this year, according to the Vic Students’ Association (VUWSA) President Jeremy Greenbrook.

Many of the gigs were filled to capacity this year, with around 1,200 students turning up to the Halls’ Party and around 800 going to The Shins and Katchafire.

This is in contrast to previous years, when Ori gigs were poorly attended and VUWSA made huge losses.

Despite the success this year, VUWSA would not be making a profit from the event, since most of the money is made at the bar, which is owned by the Student Union (the body that manages the Student Union Building).

Activities Coordinator Dusty McLoughlin attributed the good turnout this year to a “nicer feeling in the air, or maybe something in the water”.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.