International Exchange fair to be held at Vic

Victoria University will be hosting the first International Exchange Fair this Friday afternoon to promote overseas study exchanges for its students.

Six New Zealand universities, as well as thirty Australian universities, will be participating in the fair as part of the Australia and New Zealand Fair Circuit. The circuit is a major initiative to encourage more students to undertake a part of their tertiary education overseas.

Victoria International’s Outgoing Exchange Co-ordinator, Terry Meikle, says the fair is a golden opportunity to provide students with first-hand information on what each partner institution has to offer. Student exchange has only taken off recently in Australia and New Zealand, and it is hoped the fair will inform students of the benefits they stand to gain from an overseas exchange.

Victoria currently has exchange partners in over 20 countries, including Argentina, Germany and Singapore. Any student who has studied at Vic for at least one year maintaining a B average is eligible for an overseas exchange, and students who apply can choose to do either one or two semesters abroad.

Staff from partner institutions and returned Victoria exchange students will be present at the fair, and a list of other participants include the French, German and Japanese Embassies, the Singaporean High Commissioner and STA Travel.

The fair runs all afternoon on Friday, in the Mezzanine Floor of Rutherford House on the Pipitea Campus.

1