March 13, 2006 | by  | in Books |

Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse

1881-1975

Going by the name of Plum, he began as a public school boy who seldom saw his parents. Later he grew into a Hong Kong banker earning a princely salary. Fortunately he abandoned banking to become the writer of unabashedly English stories and equally silly musical comedy lyrics. 100 uproariously funny novels and countless song lyrics later, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth for, quite frankly, being the funniest, most accomplished British comic writer ever. No one else comes close and both Evelyn Waugh and Steven Fry agree with this bold statement. And if you still don’t believe me, start with the Jeeves series, or maybe Blandings. If you’re in need of having your unemployed, lazy life of parties, love affairs and general hedonism justified go straight to W in the central library and start indulging.

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos