Stand Up and Be Counted…

It is census time again and students are being encouraged to fill out their forms, either by hard copy or online.

Held every five years, the census collects statistical data used by health and education services, along with other service providers to plan for the next five years.

Although forms have been distributed since late February if you have not yet received yours, never fear. Distributors will be visiting houses up until census day, Tuesday 7 March.

All 4.2 million New Zealanders are required to fill out the census forms on Tuesday, although they can be filled out earlier if the information is not likely to change.

Forms will be collected within the eleven days following census day. Census forms are required by law to be kept secure for one hundred years so by 2106 they will be available for statistical research.

Few changes have been made to the questions since the 2001 census, but those who name “New Zealander” as their ethnicity will now be recorded in a separate category rather then being classed as “New Zealand European”, as in past years.

Former VUWSA President-cum-bureaucrat Jeremy Greenbrook encourages students to fill out the forms, saying if “you don’t fill it out, you don’t get counted.”

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.