Eastside Beer Prices Skyrocket – Petrol Prices blamed

The price of a jug at the-bar-formerly-known-as-Eastside has just increased to $8, with Union management blaming rising petrol prices.

Union Operations Manager Catriona McBean says the bar is aiming to break even this year, despite a non-existent history of returning a profit. She says that thanks to rising petrol prices and the resulting increase in employees’ transportation costs, barstaff have to be paid more to compensate. However, given the existing profit margins, this could simply not be afforded.

“Unfortunately it’s going to affect everyone,” McBean says. “Living costs are going up for everyone and we can’t afford to absorb that.” Furthermore, the extra charges might not be just limited to beer. McBean says she “wouldn’t be surprised if the café had to look at prices as well.”

“It makes sense,” first-year student Jess Field concedes. “But we’re students and we have a lack of money in our pockets. It’s not our fault petrol prices are going up.” On the topic of petrol then, it’s probably of great reassurance to know that experts are still predicting prices will rise to $2 a litre by the end of 2006.

1. V-ISA speaks out against outsourcing
  2. Pain
  3. A list of things that will help keep us healthy and pain-free this winter
  4. Wellington City Council are telling fibs
  5. Boring report proves mildly interesting
  6. Otago Uni are desperate
  7. Lol, no one was going to vote anyway
  8. We are not so bad at sport after all
  9. V-ISA speak out against outsourcing
  10. Kelburn residents angry about non-existent building

Dancing With Sad Sweaty Businessmen

: An instructor who I will amiably call Old Man Yellow Teeth tried to approach me, but I ran to the water cooler.