Eastside Beer Prices Skyrocket – Petrol Prices blamed

The price of a jug at the-bar-formerly-known-as-Eastside has just increased to $8, with Union management blaming rising petrol prices.

Union Operations Manager Catriona McBean says the bar is aiming to break even this year, despite a non-existent history of returning a profit. She says that thanks to rising petrol prices and the resulting increase in employees’ transportation costs, barstaff have to be paid more to compensate. However, given the existing profit margins, this could simply not be afforded.

“Unfortunately it’s going to affect everyone,” McBean says. “Living costs are going up for everyone and we can’t afford to absorb that.” Furthermore, the extra charges might not be just limited to beer. McBean says she “wouldn’t be surprised if the café had to look at prices as well.”

“It makes sense,” first-year student Jess Field concedes. “But we’re students and we have a lack of money in our pockets. It’s not our fault petrol prices are going up.” On the topic of petrol then, it’s probably of great reassurance to know that experts are still predicting prices will rise to $2 a litre by the end of 2006.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.