Faculty delegates elected – Students yawn

University faculty delegates were elected during last Wednesday’s SRC, following a failure to reach quorum and achieve this result at VUWSA’s previous meeting.

In a typical display of student apathy, only 52 people were present in the quad to swear in the 11 delegates across the three faculties of science (Kristof Alexandrofsky, Alexander Kane, Praneta Joshi, Polina Jilina), humanities and social sciences (Maria Beatriz, Tory Whanau, Stephan Tyler, Gareth Robinson) and commerce (C.J Hunt, Jaya Grewali, Sean O’Connor), as well as representatives for the timetable and academic committees.

Miri Duffield, the VUWSA Vice President for Education, views the lack of student involvement in this process as “incredibly disappointing” because faculty delegates play a vital role in University decision-making. “It’s an opportunity for students to represent the student view at higher level board meetings and therefore make a difference. All university policy and statutes are passed through the board meetings. Student Delegates have contributed much towards the current Uni policies such as the statute of student conduct and plagiarism guidelines which clearly has a large effect on students.”

Two training sessions will be held for the new delegates: 4 April at 12.00 and 5 April at 1.00pm. Delegates should meet at VUWSA 10 minutes before these schedules times.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough