Vic News In Brief

VUWSA is providing free flu vaccines next week. The vaccines will be available from Tuesday March 28 to Thursday March 30 between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm at the Memorial Theatre Foyer, Level 1, Student Union Building. Shots will be provided at Te Aro on Monday April 3 between 11:30am and 1:30pm. Student Health at 4 Wai-Te-Ata Road (behind the Library) will also offer shots for $15 and a free service for people with chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes. Students under 20 can also get their meningococcal vaccine free from VUWSA.

Easterfield Building 005 is the new home of the Faculty of Education at Kelburn Campus. An administrator will be available from 9am to 5pm to handle course-related matters, student enquiries and assignments for staff and students of Education Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies and the Bachelor of Teaching programme. Staff at the School of Education Studies will move to Karori in April, and Gender and Women’s Studies staff will remain at 94 Fairlie Terrace.

A new prayer room for Muslim students has opened on the Pipitea campus. While there are already prayer rooms on both the Kelburn and Railway campuses, there are an increasing number of Muslim students studying on the Pipitea campus who need to pray five times a day. The new room adds to the number of religious services provided on campus, with Catholic and Anglican chaplaincies on both the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.