Vic News In Brief

VUWSA is providing free flu vaccines next week. The vaccines will be available from Tuesday March 28 to Thursday March 30 between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm at the Memorial Theatre Foyer, Level 1, Student Union Building. Shots will be provided at Te Aro on Monday April 3 between 11:30am and 1:30pm. Student Health at 4 Wai-Te-Ata Road (behind the Library) will also offer shots for $15 and a free service for people with chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes. Students under 20 can also get their meningococcal vaccine free from VUWSA.

Easterfield Building 005 is the new home of the Faculty of Education at Kelburn Campus. An administrator will be available from 9am to 5pm to handle course-related matters, student enquiries and assignments for staff and students of Education Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies and the Bachelor of Teaching programme. Staff at the School of Education Studies will move to Karori in April, and Gender and Women’s Studies staff will remain at 94 Fairlie Terrace.

A new prayer room for Muslim students has opened on the Pipitea campus. While there are already prayer rooms on both the Kelburn and Railway campuses, there are an increasing number of Muslim students studying on the Pipitea campus who need to pray five times a day. The new room adds to the number of religious services provided on campus, with Catholic and Anglican chaplaincies on both the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn