Ah, those crazy Dunedin kids…

A FEMALE student at a recent Otago University re-orientation gig found herself in a spot of bother when she was locked in the Union Building for around four hours, taking the opportunity to avail herself of its facilities.

The woman had been fortunate enough to obtain a backstage pass to the concert, allowing to stay and ‘socialise’ with the band and other such privileged persons after the concert.

However, at some point during the lock down, staff say the woman somehow got into either the building’s kitchen before it was locked, giving her free-range access to much of the building.

Once inside, the woman took advantage of the abundance of food at her disposal, taking a bite of just about anything she could get her hands on. The vast majority of food stored in the cafe and kitchens had to be disposed of, as staff were unsure of what had been touched and what had not.

The combined cost of the damage is estimated at $3,000-$4,000.

It could not be confirmed if the woman was under the influence of drugs at the time of her jaunt, although rumours of vomit left in the kitchen would suggest that a large quantity of alcohol was involved.

Security staff are said to be baffled as to why none of the eighteen cameras active at the time, some of which are monitored, were able to detect the woman while she was locked inside.

1