NT Elections Delayed. Again.

THE NGAI Tauira elections to select a new executive were cancelled last week, after the meeting failed to reach quorum.

While current NT President Maryjane Waru was unable to be contacted by Salient last week, she released a statement saying a new date would be settled on within the next 28 days.

The further delay of the elections sets back the organisation’s move to become an incorporated society, the need for hich was included among the survey questions on the back page of last week’s Te Ao Maarama issue.

VUWSA President Nick Kelly says the cancellation of the elections was “disappointing”. He says the delay in becoming an incorporated society was a “barrier” to the annual Memorandum of Understanding negotiations.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. blogetee says:

total incompetence

2. Jono Newton says:

Disappointing is an understatement…if they can’t get enough members to turn up to elect an exec whats going wrong?? is it general apathy…don’t think so cause even VUWSA can get 1100 or so to vote in their general elections…

1