July 17, 2006 | by  |

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest

The word disappointed does not even fully explain how I felt about the film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. I expected more from Johnny, Orlando, and strangely enough Keira, who had such great on-screen chemistry and captured the essence of their characters so brilliantly in the first film. In Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl the viewer grew attached to the three main characters, however, the second movie totally removes this attachment, with not only lack of empathy for the characters but also a general lack of entertainment and too much fake tan.

Pirates of the Caribbean pic.

The first pirate installation was exciting, intriguing and most importantly full of new ideas. It was unexpected, adventurous and basically everything you could imagine in a PG movie. Unfortunately, POTC: Dead Man’s Chest was unable to live up to the hype, though it tries to be innovative with new characters. Very few characters were interesting and the humour was just so typical of Hollywood at its most utterly lame.

POTC: Dead Man’s Chest captures a new adventure for Captain Jack (Jonny Depp), Will (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth (Keira Knightly). Captain Jack Sparrow of the Black Pearl is under a blood debt to the infamous Davey Jones, a role well suited to, and nailed by Bill Nighy. This movie was filled with too many villains, too many boring unoriginal lines and tacky costumes. The boring dialogue and corny characters would make the viewer assume it was aimed at a G-level audience, minus a rather graphic eye scene and a boatload of sexual innuendo between Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth. POTC: Dead Man’s Chest, in short, was probably the one of the worst sequals created since Matrix: Reloaded. But as this film is only the intermediary installation of the Pirates saga, there could be hope left for film number three; the filmmakers have the talent at their disposal. It would be a shame for two lame and flaccid sequels to spoil an excellent original. Coming to think of it, a little like the Matrix

DIRECTED BY GORE VERBINSKI

1. Tumuaki
  2. Ngā Rangahautira
  3. Ngā Taura Umanga
  4. Ngā Pou o Ngāi Tauira
  5. Te Hōhaieti o te reo Māori ki Wikitōria
  6. Te Kura Reo ki te Ūpoko o te Ika
  7. Pūrangiaho
  8. Ingoa Kārangaranga
  9. Yarn With Zwaan
  10. Te Ao Mārama

Most popular

1. The police are decriminalising weed in New Zealand 217 views
  2. Happy Birthday Lindsay Lohan—An Interview With Claire Harris 59 views
  3. Can the Hipster Survive in Wellington? 49 views
  4. Ingoa Kārangaranga 37 views
  5. A gentleman always lets his lady cum first 29 views
  6. The Discontinuation Method 28 views
  7. Beautiful Bodies 26 views
  8. Puffer Jackets 25 views
  9. The Bresolin Brothers 22 views
  10. Taking My Mother Along To See Pinky Fang 16 views
weed

The police are decriminalising weed in New Zealand

: Why have cannabis-related arrests halved while use has remained the same? There’s a simple answer: the Police are decriminalising cannabis in New Zealand