University Stock Market

VUWSA PRESIDENT Nick Kelly drops further this week, after comments about the National Union of Students’ Associations in his last President’s column caused a minor rebellion in the ranks of his own executive and anger from NZUSA.

It was a mixed week in the markets for Vic’s marketing department. The department shot up 50,000 points when the markets opened for business for last Wednesday’s advert in The Dominion Post, for which not a cent was paid. Instead, the ad was funded by the free-papers-forstudents deal which the University has with the Dom. Someone’s losing here, and it’s not the University. Or students. However, the department later dropped 49,999 points after the markets adjusted to the content of the ad, which was generally uninspiring.

Student card, Vic Labour and whoever else was in the Quad last week drop 12 points each for generally harassing everyone. As if playing ‘dodge the first year’ wasn’t bad enough, the humble student attempting to re-adjust to the concept of classes also had to dodge people trying to make you buy worthless discount cards or sell your soul to the Government. Poor form.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties