Who Watches the Bastards?

VICTORIA UNIVERSITY has a new overseer, after the Government shifted responsibility for monitoring tertiary institutions.

In a spectacular merger of acronyms, the functions of TAMU (Tertiary Advisory Monitoring Unit) were folded into the TEC (Tertiary Education Commission). These include the overseeing of University’s finances, governance and management, as well as advising on Council appointments.

The move was announced in a press release, in which Education Minister Michael Cullen expressed dry enthusiasm. “The move supports the next stages of the tertiary education reforms. It will offer a more integrated view of institutions and their performance, with educational outcomes being monitored alongside financial, governance and leadership indicators.”

The powers of TEC do not, unfortunately, extend to capping the price of beer served on-campus in pitchers.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this