August 8, 2006 | by  | in Online Only |

Bath House Fun

On Saturday night I ventured out into the cold to go to the annual Amnesty on Campus fund raising gig at Indi… sorry, San Francisco Bath House. And I can gladly report that good times were had by all, and lots of money was raised for a good cause.

So So Modern and Chairman Miaow were awesome, and I’m sure I would have liked Disaster Radio had I a taste for syth. The Bath House was packed, and in attempting to dance I was elbowed in the head numerous times. Eventually I just gave up and sat moodily on a couch. But big ups to Alex and the rest of the Amnesty on Campus group for continually out doing themselves.

In other news, it’s a bit of a madhouse around here as VUWSA flurries towards releasing their budget tomorrow night. Speculation and rumour have been rife, and the atmosphere is pretty tense to say the least. More details in next week’s issue, promise.

Tomorrow at midday the Mount Street Bar and Cafe will host an SRC debate between representatives of Israel and Palestine. Here’s your chance to vent on the issue if you feel the need. I agree with James that we don’t really have the resources to cover such huge international issues. Which was also why the international section of the news that Keith started in 2004 lasted a mere trimester.

Is it just me, or have the Dominion Posts disappeared? I see other people with them, people in the office always have copies, but no matter how early I get here, there are none to be found. I never thought I’d get hooked, but now I constantly have paper-envy.

And while we’re on the topic, it’s good to see that someone at Fairfax hasn’t completly flipped their lid.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Jono Newton says:

Well I managed to get a paper today but this is the first time in over a week, I was starting to feel empty as well it seems they have cut back the numbers of papers they deliver and the staff get them all before us late rising students arrive…this morning I was here just after 8 and could only find 6 or so papers in the whole campus….

2. rich says:

i dare you to do an update called jenny from the blog

3. blogette says:

you don’t really have the resources to cover a lot really do you/
    let’s face it

4. your stalker says:

maybe u shuld buy stilts

5. Chris says:

“in attempting to dance I was elbowed in the head numerous times.”
    made me laugh.

I’ll return your dictaphone thing today if you’re around. Sorry I had it so long, I’m possibly the world’s slowest transcriber.

6. andrew wilford says:

Who writes Blogs!

What kind of self indulgent emo shit is this internet. Do you really think anyone cares about amnesty international let alone a fundraising event for?

oow im amnesty im going to change the world by writing a letter !

I couldnt read what the rest of the article was about because the beggining made me so angry

yours vehemently andrew

ps Kean ill email you soon

7. blogetee says:

hahaha….II couldnt read what the rest of the article was about because the beggining made me so angry”

you mean you could but you were just too enraged
    idiot

8. jess says:

mad props to chairman miaow.

does anyone else think that CCMAU sounds like a superhero?

like, CiCi MAO!! ot maybe that’s just me?

ps. i would hardly call a lack of dompost’s on campus a crisis. remember, dompost rhymes with compost. ;)

9. jess says:

disclaimer: apologies for misuse of apostrope in previous post.