Bondage for Law Lecturers

Law students got to lock up lecturers last week as part of a fundraising effort by the Amnesty on Campus group.

The group was fund raising as part of Amnesty International’s annual Freedom Week. Lecturers Claudia Geiringer, Grant Morris and Caroline Morris were locked in a cage, while the level of student donations determined how soon the could be freed.

Zimbabwean Ben Paradza, who holds a fellowship at the Institute of Policy Studies, also spoke last Thursday, urging New Zealanders to get involved in the human rights campaigns. “I urge you to write a letter. Take your own step. Become active,” he says.

Amnesty on Campus President Alex Lennox-Marwick says the event was successful, helping to raise both money and awareness for Amnesty International.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. craybee says:

that is so kinky. re0w, go law lecturers!!

i once called grant morris ‘senator palpatine’, at last year’s auspicious law society function, organised by the lovely LSS.

for which i apologise. i maintain it was a good call.

grant laughed.

then my good friend obi-wan sent me home. sigh. he is a sandy lame-o.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,