Moa mix up sees Prendergast Manic

The date or venue of an Anika Moa concert hosted by VUWSA may have to be changed after a “miscommunication” between Women’s Rights Officer Caroline Prendergast and the Union.

The concert was to take place on 14 September in the Union Hall, as part of the annual ‘Women’s Fest’ celebration. However, Prendergast last week received an email from Union Operations Manager Catriona McBean saying the venue had not been booked for the concert.

Emails obtained by Salient from late April confirm the booking for 14 September, but do not specify the event.

Tickets for the concert have been on sale since last week.

While Prendergast is currently exploring her options, which include finding a different venue or changing the day, she says the change “came out of the blue” and was “extremely disappointing”. McBean declined to comment on the matter, saying discussions with VUWSA were still underway, and she did not want the issue “debated through Salient”.

However, VUWSA President Nick Kelly says there appears to be a fault on both sides, and blames a “communication breakdown”. There were reportedly problems with the booking forms, including the venue only being booked for 200 people instead of 800.

He says the issue was a “headache”.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Anon` says:

How Irate was she today or yesterday?? if she was manic last week???

Cancelling it will make her pissed haha.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.