NZUSA Elections Open

Applications are now open for the annual New Zealand Union of Students’ Associations (NZUSA) elections.

A total of three positions are up for grabs: two co-presidents and one national women’s rights officer.

Candidates do not have to be currently serving on a students’ associatio executive, or even have to be a student. “Helen Clark could run if she wanted,” says current Co-President Joey Randall.

Applications must be received by Returns Officer Hayden Wilson, of the law firm Kensington Swan, by 4pm on 18 August. Nomination forms are available on the NZUSA website www.students.org.nz.

The elections will take place at a NZUSA conference on 2 September. To win the election, a candidate must gain two-thirds of the vote with up to three rounds of voting.

Randall says he will “definitely” be running for a second term as co-president.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn