Amended Campus Development Framework Released

An amended Campus Development Framework was passed almost unanimously by University Council last week, subject to further financial consultation.

The framework provides a plan for the development of the University’s four campuses for the next ten years and beyond.

Around 20 submissions on the content of the framework were received, with students, staff and Kelburn residents giving their opinions on a number of issues.

As a result of the consultation process, a number of changes were made to the plan. Most significantly, the site for the new hall of residence has been shifted from Kelburn Parade to a new site at the southern end of the University.

The amended plan also takes into account the need to encourage more green alternatives to driving, by strengthening its provisions for cyclists and working with Wellington City Council to encourage higher use of public transport.

The next stages of the process include work on “concept developments” for the larger projects, ahead of presenting projected costs to the Council by the end of the year.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future