September 25, 2006 | by  | in Music |

Guitar Wolf, Jet Generation

Our government is in a right state. The current incumbents being corrupt, inefficient vote-buying social engineers, the opposition a bunch of decrepit unfaithful button-pushing alarmist crony bastards. There is really only one option. But we lack the Republican initiative, the French imperative. We’ve probably got the Scottish bloody mindedness, but none of that Bruce muster. The streets need to run red with blood!

Yeah, it ain’t going to happen. She’ll be right. Etcetera Etcetera.

You know what’s a great movie?

Quadrophenia. But The Who doesn’t sound very scary anymore and Mod fashions are not going to cut it. There’s no need to fight the rockers when the real enemy sits down the road. Give them half a chance and they’ll let the University increase our fees while we’re not looking (it’s on the cards, people!). The only option is war; total war.

There are few things as liberating as a guitar that sounds like an aircraft engine. I hear Labour politicians (read school teachers) abhor the sound of amplified electric guitars, and National supporters actually explode when they hear power chords (or throw beer over you and take their shirt off). The most dangerous insurrectionist weapon upon this earth is the music of Japan’s premier, and only, Jet Rock’n’Roll band.

Trust me, nothing will ever be the same once we march down Lambton Quay with our amps held high, our long hair blowing in the breeze and our leather armour squeaking awkwardly. Sunglasses at night, the jackets never come off, Guitar Wolf keep it more real canadian viagra than Jesus.

Jet Generation was mastered at ridiculous levels so no matter what stereo you play it on, it always distorts. It claims to be the loudest album ever recorded, and until we get our own NRA and arms lobby, it’s the best defence we have against tyranny.

1. Legalising Abortion Is Still Best Option, Even for Pro-Lifers
  2. hidden figures
  3. Accessibility: Teri O’Neill is Running for Council
  4. VUW’s Women are Fucking Good at Sport
  5. Research: Third of Tertiary Students Sexually Assaulted At University
  6. Battle Of The SECS’: VUW Failing Women In Tech
  7. Issue 15 – Feminism