I Do Pole Fitness

I do pole fitness.

For those who don’t know (and I’ll assume that’s most of you) pole fitness is pole dancing for the purpose of keeping fit and having fun. So throw away your previous assumptions – poles aren’t just for strippers!

Pole fitness is a workout. I’ll admit it’s a little different, but it works. And it’s a good laugh. I went to my first pole fitness class after picking up a pamphlet from Vicky’s in January (back when it was still Vicky’s). I was curious (who wouldn’t be?) so I convinced my friend to come with me for the first class. That first class was taken at Santa Fe with an instructor who was working there part-time to fund her Law degree. She could also speak five languages, proof that being a stripper does not mean you have to be a bimbo. She was so encouraging and professional that our initial self-consciousness soon melded into enthusiasm and from then on we became pole fitness regulars.

Though the classes are popular, pole fitness is still relatively underground in New Zealand when compared to Europe, the UK and Australia. Are we prudish about the fact that classes are held at a strip club? If so, then in the words of bad Otago University ads: ‘Oh, get over it’. To clarify what pole fitness is (and isn’t), read on.

It would be fair to say that misassumptions of pole fitness are generally based on deep seated beliefs that pole dancing is ‘dirty’ and probably involves stripping. It doesn’t. It also does not involve:

• Rubbing one’s crotch against the pole
• Learning how to give lap dances
• Extreme strength or flexibility (although to be honest, it helps)
• A strip club

Most people assume that pole fitness (or pole dancing, I use the terms interchangeably myself) requires one, if not all, of the above. This is a false assumption probably based on the obvious relationship between pole dancing and strip clubs. The truth is that pole dancing is common in, but not restricted to, the context of strip clubs. When performed outside of this context, i.e when you take away the nakedness, the alcohol factor and the male audience, you get a very different concept. Here is my interpretation of pole fitness:

• A workout which involves both cardio and strength training
• A performance similar to dance, involving a pole, that can be sexy without being overly provocative
• A way to build confidence through performance in a safe and comfortable environment

Like any form of performance, it’s all about the style of presentation. The effect that pole dancing will have depends on a person’s own particular style and the way they present themselves. Pole dancing has potential to be seductive, impressive, graceful and powerful, but everyone develops a unique style. A stripper can choose to be provocative or seductive in her dancing. I’ve done years of ballet dancing, so my style tends to be graceful. Others in the class can put more power and strength behind the moves than I can. Pole fitness is essentially a strength-based workout. Strength will improve as you go, and core strength is a must for the more advanced moves. It’s an awesome way to get fit and tone up. You know how strippers have good bodies? That’s ‘cos they get a serious workout every time they get up on stage. You do sweat. You do get sore the next day. You do get some mammoth bruises when you start up (which is unfortunately unavoidable), but you also learn some killer moves. Each hourlong class involves stretching, instruction, practise and ‘freestyle’ self-choreography, usually done in pairs. Pole moves usually involve spinning (forwards, backwards and upside-down) but there is also a bit of floorwork, cage dancing and ‘in-between’ moves. Pole moves have names like theair spin, the backwards knee spin, the ‘V’ spin, and the superman. Pole fitness classes in Wellington are based at Santa Fe and run from 6-7 (Advanced) and 7-8 (Beginners) on Tuesday and Thursday nights. The poles are wiped regularly with an alcohol-based solution, both for hygiene reasons and to help prevent slipping –and you need a serious hold on that sucker, especially while upside-down, or we’re looking at injuries! Participants usually wear short-shorts as all the pole moves require skin-to-pole contact. Heels are optional, but recommended. The Santa Fe classes are women only, with female instructors. That said, there are some places which hold all-male classes, but there’s not so much of a market.

So know the facts before you judge. Even let your curiosity get the better of you and have a go. It’s only a matter of time before the rest of New Zealand catches on. It may take some getting used to, but pole fitness keeps you looking and feeling good. And it’s a whole heap of fun.

1. Go Girl!! Excellent article summing up all that is good about pole dancing today x

2. Marina Brocklebank says:

Can you please send me dates, times and address, prices for your pole fitness classes.

Thanks

Marina

3. Nicola says:

Hi Marina, the dates for the classes are ongoing i.e. there are no set terms. Beginners classes are at 7pm every Tuesday and Thursday at Santa Fe Nightclub (off Courtney Place, the first left if you are coming from Manners St). Price is $20 for a casual class (i.e. a once-off) or you can pay $60 for four classes. You don’t have to go four weeks in a row, they can be whenever. You can contact Sharyn on 021 618 428 or myself on 027 318 5736 for more info. Hope that helps!

4. Kimberly says:

Hi there
    Just wondering if you can recommend anyone that runs classes in Auckland?
    Look forward to your reponse.
    Kind regards
    Kimberly

5. Jodene says:

I am wondering if you can tell me if there is a pole fitness place in Hamilton Nz

6. Dee Walsh says:

Hi I have 6 girlfreinds and myself keen to do pole dancing classes in Auckland – do you have any classes upcoming?

7. Michelle Keenan says:

I’m also keen to find some classes in Auckland! I phoned A Pole Lot of Fun but she never got back to me. You can book a lesson at the White House in Auckland, it’s $200.00 for an hour, up to fifteen of you can go for that price with one instructor. Bigger groups you need two instructors and price goes up. I’d love to find a regular class though!

8. Holly says:

Im keen!! When and where are the classes? cost? Im in Wellington NZ

9. Mary-Ann says:

I was wondering whether they do pole fitness in Hamilton, NZ? Myself and a few friends are very keen! it sounds like fun.

10. Cheru says:

Hi, a group of my girlfriends and i are also keen to do pole dancing lessons in auckland. any place that u can recommend in central Auckland?

11. Jessica says:

Hello. Do you know if there is anywhere in Christchurch where you can take Pole Dancing classes? My girlfriend and I are quite interested in learning it, but like you said, you don’t hear much about it here in New Zealand! If you could help with that or know anyone I could contact about it, that would be great.

Thank you!

12. Mandi says:

Can you tell me if there is any classes near Baton Rouge, La? Thank you.

13. Nicola says:

Hi All,

Sorry about the late reply, I wasn’t expecting so many comments! There is one studio I know of in Auckland run by a woman called Casey -I’ve never been myself but it sounds good. The link is http://www.polefitnessnewzealand.co.nz for more info. As for Christshurch or Hamilton, good question! Can’t help you there. I’m not sure where Baton Rouge is, but if it’s in the States, chances are there will be a studio nerby. Try googling ‘pole fitness’ and see what you get.

In good ol’ Wellington we have classes at Santa Fe (off Courteney Place). Classes run on Tuesdays at 7pm and Thursdays at 6pm and 7pm. No need to book, just turn up! $20 for a casual or $60 for four classes. Feel free to give me a call or text on 027-318-5736.

Thanks,
    Nicola :)

14. Biserka says:

I was wondering whether they do pole fitness in Auckland.

thanks

Biserka

15. Julian says:

Usually on level 14 at 5.30

16. Johnny says:

I have details of pole dancing classes in Hamilton, New Zealand. If you are interested, and ONLY if you are interested, drop me and email.

jthompson@free.net.nz

Please use ‘pole dancing’ as your subjectline.

17. jane says:

Vicki-lee is has a pole dancing workout called Polerock held in gyms in auckland and is apparently going nationwide and to australia early next year.
    I read she is also selling poles with her own workout dvd.
    Im going along next week for a class so i’l let you know how it goes. Im sure it will be fantastic as it is a class environment not just a one on one tuition.
    I found this information out at polerock on myspace.com/sexyfitworkout

18. Danielle says:

Hi All

We run Pole Dance classes in Auckland. We are called Allure and run from Auckland City. We offer beginner classes for $30 per person, but if you make a private booking and book as a group of 8 it is only $25 per person. All classes are 1 hour and a half. Hens and Birthday parties are $25 per person and for the hen or birthday girl it is free!

For more information or to make a booking email nrodokal@hotmail.com

Danielle =)

19. Genevieve says:

Fantastic! Say it like it is! xxx

20. Sarah says:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a pole-dancing instructor you can hire for a hen’s party in Wellington??

Thanks,

Sarah

21. Nicola says:

Hi Sarah,
    I am currently in Malaysia but will be home tomorrow if you are still interested in hiring an instructor for a hen’s party. Unless you have a pole already though, arrangements would need to be made to hire Santa Fe (the only studio I have connections with). Let me know anyway.
    Nicola

22. Sarah says:

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your message.

I’m still trying to sort out some activities for my friend’s Hens party on Friday 5 January and was thinking of including a pole-dancing class.

I don’t own a pole so it would probably be best to hire a studio at Santa Fe for 45 minutes to an hour. Would you be able to give me an idea of studio hire rates plus your teaching fee?

Thank you very much,
    Sarah

23. Nicola says:

Hi Sarah,

It sounds like a great idea, I will find out if the club will be available at that time. It opens for business at 8pm so we would need to be out by then. I will let you know as soon as possible. It may be easier if I can get your cellphone number.

Nicola

24. Nicola says:

Okay Sarah,
    Hen’s nights: its $200 with a min of 10 girls -basically $20 per person. Let me know a.s.a.p if you want us to book you in and I can give you the details. Contact me direct on 027-318-5736 or Sharyn (the co-ordinator) on 027-561-8428. Looking forward to it!

Nicola.

25. Sarah says:

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for that info- might have to move the class to Saturday 6th Jan if that’s okay? I will give you a call on Monday to talk through.

Cheers,

Sarah

26. Sarah says:

Hi there,
    Could you please send me some info about pole dancing classes in Wellington?
    Thanks!
    Sarah

27. Jules says:

Can you please send me information about Pole dancing/Pole Fitness in Hamilton, Many Thanks, Jules

28. Mike says:

To all you girls needing your own poles they are available through P.G.D@xtra.co.nz.
    Also available through trade me.

29. Renee says:

Hi. I would also love any information about pole fitness in Hamilton. When, where, prices for groups etc. Thanks

30. Libby says:

Hi
    Can you tell me please where there is pole dancing classes in Christchurch?
    and is there a certain age you must be?
    I’m jst looking for sumfing different for my fitness but i occoured to me that there might be an age limit
    Thanks

31. Roxanne says:

I run pole dancing classes in Auckland. Email me for more infomation: roxanne@dancestudio.co.nz

32. Maggie says:

Hi there just wondering if you are doing any pole dancing classes in wellington 2007, if so please send details to my web address

33. debbie says:

awsome girls! but can someone please pleaseeee tell me where i can get a pole class in christchurh!!!

34. Sharyn says:

Thanks Nikki for the article, and thank you to all who have posted/read it.

We now have a website up, so check it out for more information!!
    http://www.polefitness.co.nz

You can contact Nikki, Lisa or myself through the website for more information and stay tuned as we have an important announcement coming soon!

35. Danielle says:

Hi All

Allure Pole Dance Academy now has a website http://www.myspace.com/allure_pda
    Our classes reopen for the year soon and we are starting to book up!

Check out our website and should you have any enquires we can be contacted on daniellejmiller@hotmail.com

Danielle =)

36. viv says:

Hi,

Just wanting to know if anyone has had any luck on finding pole dancing/fitness in Hamilton, NZ yet?????
    A couple of friend’s and myself who would be very keen on giving it ago, looks like alot of fun and great fitness!!!

Would appreciate anyone’s help??

viv :o)

37. Ginny says:

Hi there,

Are classes still being run at Santa Fe in Welly now that it has relocated? A few of my friends and I are interested in having some classes, so I’m wondering whether the same deal still applies?

Cheers
    Ginny

38. Jennifer says:

City Dance in Auckland Central have a pole dancing class on Tuesday nights at 4.30pm or 6.50pm. The teacher’s name is Aroha. I went there last night and it was a lot of fun!! Casual $15 per class. Bring a towel and wear shorts. Their website is http://www.citydance.co.nz. Jen

39. Johnny says:

johnny182@hotmail.com

40. Sharyn says:

Hey Ginny,

Pole Fitness Classes are being held at Santa Fe’s old premises until they completely relocate.

However there is also a new Pole Fitness Studio on Vivian Street!!!!
    Open from 10am to 8pm with Pole Fitness and Yoga classes.

The Studio
    Level One
    158 Vivian Street
    Wellington

Text 021 618 428 for details, or email sharyn@polefitness.co.nz for class information and timetables.

http://www.polefitness.co.nz

41. Ernie says:

I have an instructor who has 14 years experience and has been teaching for 7 years. Anyone in Wellington region interested in taking a class? The studio is located in Lower Hutt and has 5 poles in it. Ive been told that she will soon install rotating poles there.

Instructor is Sonia phone or text her 027 2466 400

42. Ernie says:

Oh and I would also like to point out that the instructor of “The Studio” was taught by my teacher and that they were not the first ones to establish pole dance here. The website says they started 4 years while Sonia started 7 years ago.

43. Ernie says:

Ignore my comment about the studio. Sorry everyone I got all the information mixed up and its hard to explain just ignore my second comment its not correct. Sorry if I have misinformed anyone.

44. Anna says:

Hey. I would like to start pole dancing, for toning up and fitness? Where abouts is it and what ages is it for?

45. Nicola

Please can you ensure that Sharyn recieves this message and immediately takes action as I am recieving no response from her in relation to this matter.

“Sharyn

After your non-response to my email of last week, please can you now remove the work that you have copied and pasted (plagiarism and breaching copyright law) from my website without my permission. This includes:

‘What is Pole Dancing’ page, ‘Pole Dancing History’ page, ‘What to Expect’ page, ‘Wellington classes’ page, ‘What to wear’ page, ‘About Us’ page, ‘Body Benefits’ page,

To clarify, your website contains whole excerpts and entire pages from my website which need to be removed.

Genevieve Moody
    http://www.strictlypoledancing.co.uk/

46. Nicola says:

Hi Genevieve,
    Will speak to Sharyn now. Was definitely not aware of that, and thanks for letting me know! That’s not fair on you at all.

Nicola

47. Sarah says:

I would love to go to the welly classes, Was just wondering how much they cost? Ive never done anything like this before and am so nervous about going!

48. Sharyn says:

Classes here in Wellington are $20 for a casual or $60 for a 4-Trip Concession.
    Check out our website for prices and timetables. http://www.polefitness.co.nz

Also, Genevieve you have recieved no less than 10 emails from us from 3 different email addresses to which we have had no reply, but yet you seem to have time to post on a website that doesnt belong to us?
    Interesting…..

We have a new curriculum which will give our Accreditation Programme students set goals and achievements with exams to advance them to the next level – but of course if you dont feel up to working your way through that, you can always just come as a casual and have fun while getting fit!
    I am slowly going to add that info to the site.
    Our website will eventually be completely updated, I just have been so busy with Teaching that I just havent had any time spare.
    We had a fantastic class tonight with 16 girls who had such a blast they are all coming back!
    So any girls who want to come to a class, you MUST book as we do limit the numbers to a maximum of 16 in one class and we wouldnt want you to turn up and be disappointed if we cant accomodate you!

Sharyn

49. Sharyn

I have replied to your email. There was some delay as I am in the UK. I think your impatience is unnecessary, but you have in fact BROKEN THE LAW in directly lifting material from my website and the literature that you are using as your own needs to be removed. It really is very clear to anyone who reads it:

http://www.strictlypoledancing.co.uk

50. Sharyn says:

Genevieve,
    Time delay is not a factor as it was days, not hours between sending mails and finally receiving your reply which you sent after you posted here. I assume my comments here prompted the email which is nice.

I also suggest you revisit my site, as we have edited almost every page and Nicola has kindly helped me rewrite the History of Pole Dancing – to which we also have done a great deal more research for than was in the original article.
    I cannot thank Nicola enough for her advice and help – it is always so appreciated when people are actually friendly and helpful even when their own schedules are as busy as mine is!

When I initially used the material, I assumed that in an industry where we it is very much a minority, people would be a lot more supportive and helpful rather than negative as we are all on the same side of the boat.
    But I guess being brought up in New Zealand here, where people ARE always genuine and supportive, maybe I am spoilt?
    I only ever promote an environment around my students where they can feel nurtured and supported no matter what and until I came across you Genevieve, I assumed the rest of the world was the same.
    Call me naieve, but I usually see the best in people…..

From now on, I think I will be much more careful with anyone from an overseas country as I have now seen that people in other places are so different to Kiwi’s!

If someone had used material off my site, I would have been flattered that they thought it was good enough to be used. It is a shame that in the case of strctlypoledance, it was more just convenience as I was in a hurry to get a site up and then with the new Studio premises, too busy to fix it.
    .
    But I do have to thank you Genevieve as you have improved my site so much with your complaint!
    If you hadnt brought this up, I probably wouldn’t have made time to update in a hurry and I would have left material there which after reading it thoroughly, I noted many inaccuracies with and many incomplete entries.
    I should have paid more attention to the site initially but it seemed not as important as getting The Studio finished…..
    I have now remedied the site problems for the most part, but I will keep working on it as I have also come up with some exciting new page ideas that we will be working on over the next little while.

Love,
    Sharyn
    xx

51. Nikki says:

Hi there
    I am organising my friend’s hens night for Saturday 31st March 2007. We have 25 girls and would really like to have a pole dancing lesson. We were thinking after dinner around 10pm but we are flexible. Can anyone help??? A prompt response would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Nikki

52. Sharyn says:

Hi Nikki,
    We can certainly help! It will be a full house but we would provide 3 or 4 tutors for the group to make sure everyone gets adequate attention.
    Rather than after dinner, I would probably do it before dinner as you will certainly work up an appetite! On the 31st I have a free space at 6pm, you would be leaving us around 7.30pm and could head to the restaurant then. We have plenty of mirrors for the girls to get their makeup sorted with and lots of space to get changed.
    Pop an email to us, classes@polefitness.co.nz and I can send you an email with a list f services we can do for you and the costs. I also let you know what you will need to wear and where we are.
    It pays to get your booking sorted quicly at this time of year – we are in the height of wedding season and are doing 3-4 hens parties most weekends at the moment!
    I look forward to talking to you soon.
    Sharyn
    xx

53. Michelle Smith says:

hey- Do you still do Pole fitness? I would be keen to learn – dont know if I can get any firiends along, but think it would be great. Cheers Michelle

54. Sharyn says:

We sure do! Check out http://www.polefitness.co.nz for our most up to date timetable.
    We run beginner classes Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    Pop me a text on 0275618428 if you would like to book, or ring the Studio on 802 5858.

Sharyn

55. Javana says:

Hi
    Do you have classes in Ak?
    A website perhaps?
    I live in Ponsonby, some friends are interested in doing proper classes for fitness :)
    Javana

56. nicole says:

hey ya me and my friend are keen to do some lessons and were wondering if there was a place in the hutt or upper hut that we could get the lessons at we would also like to know the cost thanks hun

57. Cara Holgate says:

hi there i was wondering if you did or knew of anybody that would do pole lessons at my home in papamoa for my sisters hens night

58. Leesa says:

hellooooo?!! this is a question that has been asked many times on here & no-one is shedding any light on the matter. are there ANY pole dancing lessons in chch?? iv searched through a ton of pages & its not looking too good for us down here

59. Michelle says:

Hello, Can you tell me where classes are held in Hamilton? Thanks.

60. Nicola says:

Hi All,

As much as I would love to help you all out and tell you where classes are available, we do not have an underground pole fitness network and the only studio I know of personally is the one I go to in Wellington. I wrote the article but I am not some sort of pole fitness guru, I just go to classes and help to instruct at times! The website for the Wellington studio is http://www.polefitness.co.nz. Any enquiries please contact SHARYN on 0275618428 or LISA on 021454728, who know a lot more than me.

Any other links that have been posted on here are posted by independant groups. If you want to know of any classes in other places, such as Christchurch, the internet is your best search option.

Nicola

61. Jo says:

Are there are pole dancing classes in Wanganui or Palmerston North. Really would like to give it a go. Thanks

62. nicole-pole dancer says:

hey there everyone. you can get lessons at the whitehouse from chloe for $200 for a group but this including the whole ‘stripping’ side of this style of dancing.. for a better workout still including the sexy side VICKY LEE (a famous pole dancer) takes classes every tuesday or thursday. get in contact with her or me on 0273212565 and i can org it for u.. her e-mail address is http://www.myspace.com/sexyfitworkout. these classes are SOOO much fun and great fitness, she also sells and hires out poles and is getting pole dancing clothing soon. she is a great instructor in central auckland mount eden. it is highly reccomended and every1 i have told about it has loved it! you learn dances aswell as the pole tricks so you can put them together into one dance. you will get better flexability and so much more confidence and feel better for it! classes are $25 or you can buy a consession card which means you get 3 or 4 classes for free!! you will not regret giving this a go and will love urself for it! we have all age groups come from around 16years old right up to 45ish. any1 can do it and most ppl are nervous their 1st time, dont be, she is soo friendly and thr is usually a few ppl there and every1 is really helpfull and nice. xx nic mwa!!

63. Foxy says:

So are there any pole dancing classes in Palmerston North? Would love ti give it a go! Or do i have to actually buy the pole to try it? Eek lol

64. Annie says:

Hi – regarding the pole dancing lessons in ChCh – you can do them at the Dolls House night club. Bianca takes them they are $30 p/person if you are going with a small group. Give the club a call 377 0997 – (think thats the number!)

65. Annie says:

Pole dancing classes in Christchurch are at the Dolls House. Bianca takes them – $30 p/person for small groups. Club number is 377 0997 (i think!)

66. Erick says:

Hi,

can you send me details, date and times. My gf wants to learn dance pole..

Thank you

67. Marie says:

Hello,

I am in auckland and i am very interested to learn. Can you please send me the details so i can start soon..

thanks

68. Gael says:

hi im in Auckland untill 4th Aug, and some of my mates up here are keen to have a go.. where/when/costs etc.. :D

69. Evlyn says:

can you send dates and times and places please

ty
    Evlyn

70. Kiira says:

Hi there i was just wondering how to contact the allure pole dancing classes. Am so keen to try it out.

anyone know the number?

71. Maureen says:

Hi, Ive been doing classes in Launceston Tasmania and will be moving back to NZ (Tauranga) Sept 07. Could someone please tell me where the closest classes would be as I know I will have “pole” withdrawal. Im desperate and cant imagine not poling. Have my own pole but diffinitely need the classes/lessons. Someone has mentioned Hamilton may be the closest???? Cheers

72. krystle says:

hello
    would you no where i could purchase a pole from?
    thanks krystle

73. sarah says:

hi kiira if you go back to 11 nov 2006 on this site all the info is there

74. beth says:

hi are their any pole dancing classes in hamilton

75. Dianna says:

i liked to lessons
    when where and how much
    thank you

76. Maureen says:

Krystle you mentioned wanting a pole, I have a x-pole purchased through Katie Coates Vertical Dance in the UK brilliant pole would recommend it. The dance studio I go to uses these poles (they are portable). Have had no trouble with it and no mark in my ceiling or floor. My teacher ordered it for me. I paid $550 australian for it. Came with portable carry bag, tools (including thing that puts it into spinning mode). Cheers Maureen.

77. Rachel Whitwell says:

Hi Nicole, I have started fabricating dance poles, which I am now selling under the trade name The Dance Pole Company Ltd. Was wondering if i could advertise on your site. My poles are a lot cheaper than any others i have seen. They are made from quality stainless steel and are removable for home use so are discreet perfect to practice pole fitness at home. I love being able to do it in the privacy of my own home. Any way my number is 027 335 7395.
    Kind Regards Rachel Whitwell

78. Kareen says:

Is this only in Wellington? are any classes available in Auckland>?

79. Verne says:

Hi there Christchurch ladies – pole fitness classes in Christchurch, New Zealand starting October 8th 2007. Private studio – not a strip club :-) If you are interested in booking drop me email to verneleeann@gmail.com or text ‘pole’ to 021 161 7402

80. Nick says:

In Hamilton contact the Studio 8395505

81. michelle says:

polefit, in Hamilton, classes are $20 per casual class or $60 for 4.
    ring Becca on 07 839 5505
    the insturctor Tui is really cool. ;)

82. henrietta says:

Hi there

can you please tell me if there are any classes held in either Taupo or Tauranga. There is a very keen bunch of us women who would like to join a class, we live in Rotorua and know that they definitley hold no classes here.

83. Amy says:

Hi,

My friends and I are keen to try pole dancing for fitness. Where would you reccommend? We live in auckland. Thanks.

84. Jo says:

Hi Nicola

Could you pls contact me about hosting a hen’s night in late January pls? Pref by email.

Thanks!
    Jo

85. Kim says:

Looking to buy a pole – to improve other than just classes. Can you buy them in NZ have only found them in Aus?

Is there a brand that is better?

86. ang says:

My friends and I are keen to try pole dancing for fitness looking for some were in chch

87. Amy says:

Hi There,
    I take private pole dancing lessons in my home studio in East Auckland, classes are 1&1/2 – 2hours (depending on your fitness level) and include a limbering session.
    $20- per person, only 2 people per class.
    I have a few available sessions left.
    Contact Amy on 09)9407696 or 0212307525
    or email chocolateforbreakfast@gmail.com
    xx

88. Bree says:

Hi , I was just wondering if you have classes in palmerston north and when will they be running..

89. V says:

Hi CHCH people – the first pole fitness classes in CHCH started October 2007 at http://www.polasize.co.nz – most competitive rates and friendly atmosphere – text ‘pole’ to 0274 880 698 to find out more… Give it a go!!

90. Verne says:

exta note for http://www.polasize.co.nz – classes weeknights 6pm til 7pm – sats at 11am – will add classes as required – daytime classes possible – text anytime 0274 880 698 –

91. Caroline Sloan says:

I am trying to find someone in Albany / North Shore to teach a group of 10 ladies pole dancing on a regular basis. Ideally at a studio. Does anyone know of anyone?

92. maggiejay says:

Hey there. I’m wanting to attend pole dancing fitness in Palmerston North also. Wondering if anyone does it? Also, I’m so impressed with the amount of women interested in this! Pity there isnt someone willing to train instructors for the different areas. Bet it would TAKE OFF. I know I’d be keen to instruct.

93. jo says:

are there any classes in palmerson north???

94. Vicki says:

Hi, I’m looking at a pole dancing hens night. Are there any classes in central Auckland for this sort of thing – just a one-off for approx. 10 – 20 girls ???

95. Hayley says:

Hey Maureen,
    Have only just found this website, not sure if you’re still hunting for Pole classes in Tauranga, but I do a class on Thursday night in Greerton….Gabby does classes most days of the week…Its Pole FX.
    thanx

96. anna says:

HI ANNA HERE, DO YOU DO PRIVATE SESSIONS. i AM PLANNING A HENS PARTY FOR THE 23RD OF FEB. WOULD SO LOVE TO ORGANISE THIS FOR THE GIRLS. ANY CHANCE? IF SO WHAT ARE UR COSTS?

THANKS HEAPS ANNA
    0212700277

97. Clare says:

Hi, am trying to fine a pole dancing class/lessons somewhere on the North Shore, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

98. Terri says:

Hey Nicola. I am interested in your pole dance lssons. I also have four other friends from East Auckland interested.

When you have a free moment please send or txt me details.
    Where you are based? Times and days? And also prices?

terri_jade@hotmail.com

99. Terri says:

Hey Nicola. I am interested in your pole fitness lessons. I also have four other friends from East Auckland interested.

terri_jade@hotmail.com
    021 141 9567

100. Amanda says:

Hi all
    Just wondering if there are any classes running in wellington at the moment, if so where and when?
    Thanks :)

101. Brandy says:

I want to join a class. I live in Baton Rouge, LA. Do you have any suggestions of local classes I could attend or any thing?

Thank you for your time.

102. Cil says:

is there any classes in Palmerston North Nz?…
    Ive got a large number of girls interested.

103. Staci says:

I am looking for a class in Baton Rouge, LA and have not had any luck finding one. If you know of one please let me know. Do you think it would be hard for me to learn by watching a video? Thanks for your help!

104. Julie says:

Hey there,
    I was woundering if you knew of any pole fitness classes in Plamerston North, where, when and how much?

Thanx, Julz.

105. jay-jay says:

hi nicolla

my friend and i are very interested in taking this form of fitness.we live in hamilton and would like details of classes in this area.

please contact me on 0274599190

thanks.

106. Jasmine says:

I find it absolutely hilarious that ONE AND A HALF YEARS after this was published, people as far as Louisiana are still leaving messages about Nicola finding/teaching classes, even tho she doesn’t even teach them. Do people not read anymore??

107. Nicola says:

You’re right Jasmine, it is really quite amazing. I’m flattered at all the comments, but slightly offended that most of the people obviously haven’t read the article. Great PR for any pole fitness studio, maybe I should have started one myself..

If anyone wants to find out about pole fitness classes, PLEASE read the other comments before calling me. There is actually a lot of information on this page about the different providers around NZ. If that fails, try googling ‘pole fitness’. Believe it or not, I don’t know much more than you! In saying that, I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck!

108. Stuart says:

Another great pole dancing Studio, and they are bringing Jamilla Deville over, check them out, Kiwi Pole Fitness. They do classes every night monday to Friday and dont have any more than 1 person to a pole, they are really kind and are very talented!

109. Stuart says:

ooops nearly forgot, they are based in Lower Hutt, but will be opening another place to pole in Wellington real soon :)

110. V says:

Hi CHCH ladies – http://www.polasize.co.nz – most competitive rates and friendly atmosphere – hens and workparties most welcome too… text ‘pole’ to 0274 880 698 to find out more. Give it a go and come hang out with us!!

111. Kelsi says:

Hi Girls!!
    Hey i was wondering if anyone knows of any pole fitness classes in Tauranga?
    Thanks :)

112. Lisa says:

FOR TAURANGA AREA:

There is a Pole Fitness studio called PoleFX in Greerton, run by Gabi. She’s very lovely and has loads of experience. Contact her on 027 504 8926… :)

113. Lisa says:

Hi all!

I run a Pole Fitness studio in Central Wellington and I’m keen to keep in touch with Pole studios all over New Zealand. I have quite a few students who travel, or end up moving away from the Welllington area, and they would like to carry on with their training. It would be great to get a good Pole school database going – I’ve started a small one just based on the comments left here after Nicola’s wonderful article! So, please – keep ’em coming! :)

Many thanks,

Lisa
    http://www.polefitness.co.nz

114. bridget says:

any luck with a class in palmerston north? me and my freinds are so keen to do it!!

115. Pole Dancing Christchurch says:

Can anyone help me on where one can take lessons in Christchurch.

116. Eleanor says:

HI i was really keen on doing pole classes somewhere on the north shore or hibiscus coast does anyone know of any???

117. Emma says:

Please advise on prices, timetables, and locations.

Thanks,
    Emma :-)

118. Verne says:

Hi there to those looking for pole fitness I have a studio in central Christchurch goto http://www.ipole.co.nz or text pole to 0274 880 698

Love & Light

V

119. Tina says:

would like to do pole fitness classes in auckland, anyone know if this is possible?

120. Laurie says:

hey! my tutor was telling me about this today!
    Is their a class in hamilton?
    I really want to give it a go Im pretty flexible have been doing pilates but i want to do sumthing new now. wheres abouts is are the classes held? and how much is it? (I a student)

121. Vanessa says:

Hi,
    I am wondering if there are any pole Fitness classes on the North Shore of Auckland?

122. qwe3nz says:

Hi

i was just wondering if there are still classes happening in TAUPO and if there are could you give me a website or something

thankyou

123. Wee Hamish (who did not stop crying, etc etc) says:

Why do people keep thinking this is a fucking sign up sheet for pole dancing lessons?

124. Jackson Wood says:

Thanks for all the interest, but the chances are that if you found this page you are capable of using Google. Commenting has now been turned off.
    Thanks for the interest!