September 23, 2006 | by  | in Books |

Joe Sacco Sacco (1960-)

Frustrated journalist. Graphic artist. Critically acclaimed graphic journalist. Sacco graduated from Oregon University in 1981 with a Bachelor of Arts, and once in the wide world, became frustrated with the futility of the jobs he was getting, and decided to forget journalism and pursue graphic artistry. The two eventually collided, as Sacco became increasingly interested in the Middle East. His collection of comics, Palestine is still in my eyes one of the most authoritative and humane accounts of life inside occupied Palestine. Sacco sets the scene vividly, personalising his own journey and reactions in relation to the people he meets and talks to. Sacco takes you inside some of the most grim conflicts and situations and still lets the humour and spirit shine out. Affecting and often funny, head down to your nearest comic book store/ book shop today. Sacco is living proof that comic books are not just the domain of the trivial.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties