New NTU Exec Elected

Nga Taura Umanga (NTU), the Victoria University Maori Commerce Students Association, has elected a new executive.

Luke Rikiti (Te Arawa) is now the sole tumuaki. Lisa Collins (Ngati Kahungunu) is kaitiaki putea. Mike Kepa (Ngai Tuhoe/ Ngariki Kaiputahi) is kaituhi, and, Leah Edmonds (Ngapuhi), Holly Hill, Horiana Irwin (Ngati Porou/Ngati Kahungunu) and Chris Renwick (Kai Tahu/Te Atiawa) are kaiwhakahaere.

The association was set up last year to promote the well being of Maori students studying commerce at Victoria University.

NTU tumuaki Luke Rikiti says that setting up the association has been an invaluable experience and hopes that the ground work they have put in over the last 14 months to erect the roopu’s infrastructure will see its continued growth, and improve Maori participation in the tertiary sector.

“One of my reasons for being part of such a dynamic group is to bounce business ideas, create networks and form relationships that will see you in good stead for the future.”

If you are a Maori Commerce student and would like to contact NTU, their email address is vuw.ntu@gmail.com.

1. Legalising Abortion Is Still Best Option, Even for Pro-Lifers
  2. hidden figures
  3. Accessibility: Teri O’Neill is Running for Council
  4. VUW’s Women are Fucking Good at Sport
  5. Research: Third of Tertiary Students Sexually Assaulted At University
  6. Battle Of The SECS’: VUW Failing Women In Tech
  7. Issue 15 – Feminism