VUWSA Nominations Close Today!

Just in case you wanted to run…
Nominations for the VUWSA general elections close today, with voting set to begin next week.

While only an incomplete list of nominees was available at the time of writing, Salient can confirm that current VUWSA President Nick Kelly is making a bid for reelection. However, Kelly faces competition from three other candidates, Fa’afetai Ta’ase, Gareth Robinson and William Wu.

Joel Cosgrove is so far the only nominee for his current position as Education Vice-President. Cosgrove is also nominated for one of the two publications committee representative positions, alongside Nicholas O’Kane. Other current VUWSA members among the nominees list include Caroline Prendergast, running for Welfare Vice- President, and Alexander Neilson as a general exec member. So far, sixteen nominations have been made.

A by-election will also be held during the general elections for the recently vacated position of Education Officer B, with the elected candidate to serve the remainder of this year.

Both physical and online polling booths will be open from September 26. A candidate’s forum will take place on Wednesday in the Mount Street Bar and Cafe from 5pm.

1. Jono says:

Wonders why Salient has more info about this on their site than on the VUWSA pages where there is not even a single word to it.