2007 NZUSA Election Results in; Co-President Role Still Vacant

The second set of NZUSA elections for the 2007 executive has reached an inconclusive result for the second Co- President position.

Neither Xavier Goldie from the Auckland University Students’ Association or Toni Spiro of the WelTec Students’ Association attained the required two-thirds voting majority.

The outcome mirrors that of the first set of NZUSA elections held at the organisation’s September conference, where none of the four candidates for the second Co-President role triumphed, but 2006 Co-President Joey Randall won a second term with overwhelming support.

However, this second set of elections, held by teleconference on October 12, did produce a definite result for the National Women’s Rights Officer (NWRO) position. Natalie Absalom of the Otago Polytechnic Students’ Association received a resounding 71 of the 78 available votes.

A further set of elections for the second Co-President position will be held in mid- November, at training for the presidents of NZUSA’s member associations.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough