Comments from the “Fried Rice” Winner’s of the International Students’ Council Wellington Race

Cheers to the newly formed ISC for organising great activities like the Welly Race. It’s certainly a better way to meet people than some boring ball or pub activity where people just sit and drink and chat about being a student. We had the opportunity to be creative, annoy shopkeepers and security guards (they are certainly serious about no taking photos in the art gallery), eat yummy desserts and learn exotic French phrases like “I want to live in your arms”. And after all that, meet back at Southern Cross and chat about the wonderful experience we had. Talk about meeting people as an international student, we got invited to the coolest party right after from a Turkish-German fellow competitor whose team mate was Finnish Russian and flatmate Chinese Japanese. Talk about being really international.

Hah! I bet you don’t normally get that after a boring ball. You’d probably head to town with your high heel shoes and beer drenched suit and stumble your way across Courtenay place. What more can you ask for? It was good to be the winners of this race and win an awesome prize pack of T-shirts with our face printed on it! And a bottle of Pinot Gris to celebrate. Once again “bravo ISC….SIMPLY MARRRRVEEELLOUS”…

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos