Need a Haircut?

VUWSA is encouraging students to get into the spirit of fundraising, by hosting a “Funrazor” event in cooperation with the Child Cancer Foundation on Wednesday.

The event is inspired by the annual Child Cancer Foundation’s Appeal Week that took place earlier this year. Campus Activities coordinator Dusty McLoughlin, explains that students will be able to nominate and financially support friendsto publicly let hairdressing students shave off their hair.

Money raised will be donated to the Child Cancer Foundation, and their work to support children and their families as well as research in the area of child cancer.

Bob Knighton, the Funding Development Manager for the Foundation says “our goal is to provide support for the families affected by the disease and ultimately eradicate childhood cancer as the killer it is by extending research in the area.”

The event has been promoted through the university hostels and within the university’s faculties.

Although Knighton is aware that students live off scarce financial resources, he believes that students have an awareness of the issue and holds great excitement for people’s interest and the outcome of the funrazor event.

VUWSA Welfare Vice-President Jules “Sausage Boy” van Cruysen, despite not having much hair in the first place, has put his name forward for the event. He says “it’s a really fun way to promote this cause and it does attract a lot of attention. And who can say no to a child with cancer?”

The event will take place between 12 and 2 in the Quad.

If you would like to shave your head and raise money for the Child cancer Foundation, please contact Activities co-ordinator Dusty by email at dusty @ vuwsa.org.nz.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos