PGSA Cries for Fresh Blood

The Post Graduate Students’ Association is calling for three civic minded post graduate students to be coopted on to the PGSA executive.

The vacancies have been left by the recent resignations of Education Vice- President Amy Mitchell, executive member Luke Feast and the impending resignation of President Graeme Whimp. Whimp says he will stay on as President until late October. Former Academic Vice-President Sarah Whitehead says that during his term, Whimp “continually advanced the rights of postgraduate students throughout the University”, and credits him with being the “driving force” behind the new Minimum Resources Agreement for Masters students.

The President’s role includes chairing PGSA meetings and representing postgraduate students on Academic Board and other University committees. The Education Vice-President is responsible for ensuring the University provides quality courses for post-graduates, representing PGSA on numerous boards and communicating with students.

Those interested in the three positions should email pgsa-ea@vuw.ac.nz for more details.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1