October 13, 2006 | by  | in Online Only |

The last lonely letter

I just found this, and we’ve just sen the magazine off, and it was supposed to go in. It was a letter to the editor, submitted on time, and I screwed up.

So I thought I’d air it on the blog.

Cool.
I’m off home to quietly die.

Dear Jameslient

I would like to point out a glaring ommission from your feature on the letters. While you included the start of my quote you failed to mention that I also said, “the amount of shit that comes out of his mouth would not be rivalled if the entire university campus had the runs for a week.” As you all probably already know this shall be my last letter to Salient as I am moving on into the big wide world at the end of this week. I am lucky enough to have no exams, but have been working a lot lately for my essays and tests. For all of you out there with Exams good luck, to anyone else graduating Congrats on making it to the end and not giving up on your dreams. To everyone else take care and live life how you want to. Its now time to reveal myself as the person I am, My name is Jono, I’m a final year Politics Student who has been through a lot at this University and seen some ups and downs. These range from the suprise eviction of smokers to the deck 6 months before the No Smoking law for bars, followed this year by the disgraceful name change of Eastside and the ridiculous price of jugs. For the same price downtown you can get a 2 Litre jug. Some high points would have to be TuiFest 2001, where the whole of the student Union building was bursting at the seams with people drinking $4 Stiens…Yes $4 for a litre of beer, and another high point would be this years Salient, I have to say its better than it has been for a few years, good work James, you Knob-gobbling Goat raping Pencil Pusher, you finally did something right

The Oppressed Straight White Male a.k.a. Jono Newton

James Robinson is a university dropout turned journalist who likes to pretend he has an honours degree. Turn ons include soup, scarfs, a hot bath and some FM-smooth Kenny G-esque instrumental jazz. Turn offs include student politicians, the homeless, and people who pronounce it supposebly.

1. Hallona says:

Wow ! Such a strong words !

2. The Jew says:

how much do you think those words could bench?

i think they should hit the weights imo

3. Jono says:

Cheers James, I am pleased to make the subjhect of your final blog post, hope you all enjoy it and have fun. I may see you in a few years depending where I am.

4. Jono Newton says:

Well I would love to make a comment on this years letters I am refering to issue 1 2007.

It seems that they obviously had no letters as they have reverted to publishing old material including a letter signed off with my Pseudonym which I officially retired at the end of last year when I outted myself as the Oppressed Straight White Male. Yet salient has reprinted a version of one of my earlier letters this week. I am confused as to who was behind this and whether they are trying to stir up issues or were just really that short on material for their magazine?

5. Sachy says:

Yeah, I saw that this week and thought I remembered it from last year. Bit crap if they can’t even get enough letters to fill up the section – I imagine there’ll be a few this week about how crap everything in it was though

6. Jono Newton says:

Well that and people bitching about my letter again when the topic was thrashed out last year…Salient you have made the worst start to the year ever, whoever the new editor is you SUCK worse than any editor in the 7 years I was around Salient…BRING BACK JAMES!!! BRING BACK JAMES!!!

1