October 16, 2006 | by  |

University Stock Market

Before the markets close for the summer, VUWSA receptionist Carey Clements drops further, for parking in the Vice-Chancellor’s car park at last Wednesday night’s Blues awards.

An innocent mistake or a delusion of grandeur? The markets care little, and deliver you a 11 point drop. Especially after having Salient Editor James Robinson’s car towed only weeks ago, seemingly for simply having a permit.

VUWSA Welfare Vice-President Jules van Cruysen jumps up 13 points, after taking being called “Sausage Boy” in the magazine without complaint. Good to see a member of VUWSA with a sense of humour, rather than an exaggerated sense of persecution.

Outgoing VUWSA President Nick Kelly drops 54 points, after spending far too much time trying to defend his last week’spresident’s column. I guess if you keep on insisting you’re the victim of a vast Labour Party conspiracy and that the revolution is coming soon then it might just come true.

VUWSA Education Vice-President Joel Cosgrove also sinks this week. Last Thursday he was spotted wearing a hideous woman’s top. Not that there’s anything wrong with guys dressing in girl’s clothes, but come on, at least have some style. And to add insult to injury, his feet stank really bad. It’s called soap, Joel.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. Salient seeks new contributors
  2. Web designer needed
  3. San Cisco—Gracetown
  4. Shovel Knight
  5. NZUSA rides the alimony pony
  6. [Theme not found]
  7. Pink Passion Pop
  8. Everything wrong with the Moan Zone in 400 words or less
  9. 80 Years of Penguin
  10. Up and Adam

Most popular

1. Salient seeks new contributors 95 views
  2. The Übermensch 30 views
  3. Web designer needed 27 views
  4. I Went to Graduation and All I Got Was This Lousy Degree 26 views
  5. Holy Fuck! Vic Uni Ruled by White Males 18 views
  6. Everything wrong with the Moan Zone in 400 words or less 18 views
  7. NZUSA rides the alimony pony 18 views
  8. The Sedulous Recorder 17 views
  9. The Bresolin Brothers 14 views
  10. Ermagherd, rent 12 views
grad

I Went to Graduation and All I Got Was This Lousy Degree

by

For students all across the world, years of study culminate in a perfunctory ritual known as “graduation”. After three years of napping at Victoria’s Te Aro campus, it was my turn to partake in the tradition.

Read more