University Stock Market

Before the markets close for the summer, VUWSA receptionist Carey Clements drops further, for parking in the Vice-Chancellor’s car park at last Wednesday night’s Blues awards.

An innocent mistake or a delusion of grandeur? The markets care little, and deliver you a 11 point drop. Especially after having Salient Editor James Robinson’s car towed only weeks ago, seemingly for simply having a permit.

VUWSA Welfare Vice-President Jules van Cruysen jumps up 13 points, after taking being called “Sausage Boy” in the magazine without complaint. Good to see a member of VUWSA with a sense of humour, rather than an exaggerated sense of persecution.

Outgoing VUWSA President Nick Kelly drops 54 points, after spending far too much time trying to defend his last week’spresident’s column. I guess if you keep on insisting you’re the victim of a vast Labour Party conspiracy and that the revolution is coming soon then it might just come true.

VUWSA Education Vice-President Joel Cosgrove also sinks this week. Last Thursday he was spotted wearing a hideous woman’s top. Not that there’s anything wrong with guys dressing in girl’s clothes, but come on, at least have some style. And to add insult to injury, his feet stank really bad. It’s called soap, Joel.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con