October 13, 2006 | by  | in Online Only |

Warning: Gushing and Self Indulgent Last Post

This is probably my last Salient blog entry. As of whatever time I get out of here this morning, I no longer have to get up early, stay late, eat Hell pizza, or write anything about VUWSA. Which comes as some relief. I’m really, really sick of them.

In a month I’m pissing off overseas. I’ll be back in the new year, but who knows what’ll happen then. But before then I have to face the daunting task of cleaning my desk and sorting out the files for the new News Ed. A task that cannot truly be comprehended unless you have witnessed the cess pit in which I work.

It’s been a long and tiring year, but a fun one. I’d like to think we’ve done a good job, despite the opinions that others might hold. Or just one person in particular who should fuck off and stop being a gutless, bitter, poor loser. Go out with integrity my fucking arse.

Anyway, James has his gushing two-page last editorial, so I’m also going to gush. Because what else are blogs for?

Firstly, thanks for James and Ben for being my constant office buddies. You guys are awesome, and I’m really going to miss you. James especially for giving me timely slaps of reality when I got too angry or whinged too much. You were right, mostly.

To all the people who walked into my office at various stages during the year and offered their time for free, thanks also. Volunteers are what keeps this magazine afloat, and I couldn’t have asked for better ones. Special thanks to Laura – for whom I’m still seething abour that 2nd placing in the weekend – and to Claire and Matt. You guys made my life so much easier. I’d offer to buy you all beers, but I don’t have a job anymore.

Friends and flatmates were also integral to my survival this year. Shout outs to Kate for the dress, Sarah and Steph for the baking, PJ, Keith and Nicki for their eternal wisdom, and Sean for holding back my hair while I puked in Auckland University’s quad. I promise I will see you all a lot more now.

That is all.

Nicola Kean: feature writer, philanthropist, womanly woman. Nicola is the smallest member of the Salient team, but eats really large pieces of lasagne. Favourites include 80s music, the scent of fresh pine needles and long walks on the beach.

1. bloggette says:

*vomits*

2. Booger says:

//Or just one person in particular who should fuck off and stop being a gutless, bitter, poor loser. Go out with integrity my fucking arse.//

Did you spend a couple of days getting up the courage to say that out loud? ignoring the fact that you’re hassling Nick by doing exactly what you hassle him about, what really tells is he got shit done and you ended up four steps back from where you started early this year. Even your volunteer goons showed you up.
    Your choice of friends to whom you look for wisdom shows up how far into the gutter you’ve swished your head, christ relying on stupid people for advice, where does that leave you?
    Good luck for next year. Maybe James can get you a job writing shallow bullshit for the SST.

3. Ravenous Ryan says:

Woah, thats pretty damn bitter. I find Nicolas writing to be very good. In a few years time,when shes writing feature articles for the Listener you will still be here, writing strongly worded, yet utterly pointless attacks on a student media website. Good day.

4. Nick says:

Wow Booger. You took a hell of a long time to reply, did it really take you two months to work up enough coherance to excrete those stumbling, mumbling sentences of horse crap? “swished your head”? Either work on constructing cogent metaphors, or stay the fuck away from Salient in the future.

Exactally what I’d expect from a Nick Kelly supporter. I’d accuse you of being Nick Kelly himself, except you managed to adhere to most of the commonly held conventions of spelling and grammar.

5. Nicola says:

Oh Booger, your words might hurt were it not for the fact that I am exploring the Far East while you are under Nick Kelly’s desk sucking his dick.

And while you’re there, you should tell him to give up the whole Maoist thing. It doesn’t work.

6. Booger says:

–In a few years time,when shes writing feature articles for the Listener you will still be here, writing strongly worded, yet utterly pointless attacks on a student media website. Good day.–

Woah, I’ll be like “you’re like deborah hill-cone, an old cynical hack as opposed to the youn one you were. Thing’s have changed man, they’ve changed big time”

–Wow Booger. You took a hell of a long time to reply, did it really take you two months to work up enough coherance to excrete those stumbling, mumbling sentences of horse crap?–

Funny enough, due to all the comments re: my lack of anything to do. I hadn’t bothered looking at the columns due to the whingy self-relection contained.

–Oh Booger, your words might hurt were it not for the fact that I am exploring the Far East while you are under Nick Kelly’s desk sucking his dick.–

So because you’ve got money to travel overseas I should bow down in your reflected glory? Fair call. *Booger bows down*. That must make you like Rewi Alley or something along those lines? Some bad arse orienteer you seem to be…
    And you make cock sucking sound like a punishment. Is that a special jane clifton dream? “Suck my big journalist cock, Nicola, Suck IT!” I guess we all get into the rat race for different reasons… Although that’s not going to help your writing much.

1