February 26, 2007 | by  | in News |

Govt injects $4m into Vic School of Government

The Government last week announced a decision to invest $4 million in Victoria’s School of Government.

The one-off grant, along with a $6 million grant to the Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG), was announced by Prime Minister Helen Clark at a joint press conference with Australian Prime Minister John Howard during his visit to New Zealand.

Head of School Professor Gary Hawke says the grant is a “very welcome recognition of the Victoria University School of Government as a premier academic institution”.

The grant will be used to strengthen practice-based teaching components in the School’s public management and administration programmes, and also the research interface between the School and the State sector.

It is also anticipated to help support New Zealand’s relationship with Australia through ANZSOG.

ANZSOG was formed in 2002 by Victoria University and the New Zealand Government, along with the Australian Federal Government and several state governments and leading Australian universities.

The Australian Government has also recently made a signifi cant capital investment in ANZSOG.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn