Class reps = more work, less sucks

VUWSA has revised its class representative system this year after a previously minimal level of interaction with classmates and poorly publicised training sessions.

Education Vice-President Joel Cosgrove says he has been pleased with class rep turnout at training sessions so far, which he attributes to actually putting session times in the class representative handbooks.

He says the class rep database has also been improved, so it has been easier to organise contact details for reps and to follow up courses which are yet to nominate representatives.

Cosgrove also hopes to increase interaction between classes and their representatives by getting class reps more involved in stop-lecture meetings, where an in-class poll on a hot topic is conducted for a few minutes at the start of a lecture.

The final class rep training sessions take place this week on Wednesday 11:30–12:30pm and Friday 12:30–1:30pm in Rutherford House mezzanine 05.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America