MyVictoria Portal Gets Launched

Like MySpace, but with fewer paedophiles

The interactive MyVictoria web portal was launched last Monday.

MyVictoria combines features of the StudentVUW website (including email, Blackboard, Student Records and Student Services links) with front-page announcements, bookmarks and University news.

The site, described by one student as “MySpace, only not cool”, was designed for ease of use, and to maximize communication through news channels, virtual communities and discussion boards for courses, activities, clubs and societies.

The website recalls each user’s preferences and interests, will encompass the entire university, and will enhance research, teaching and learning by extending student-lecturer and peer discussion beyond the classroom.

Construction on MyVictoria began in early 2006, and Victoria is one of the first universities in New Zealand to embrace technology of this type.

The portal can be found at

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America