NT down to two staff

Result is 100% attendance at meetings

Ngai Tauira (NT), Vic’s Maori students’ association, now has only two exec members after its secretary resigned before the university year began.

NT Tumuaki Tuarua (Vice-President) Matt Gifford told Salient that their secretary, Llani Harding, didn’t so much resign as just “never took up the position” after her election to the post late last year.

Reporting to VUWSA at a recent exec meeting, Gifford said that he and Tumuaki (President) Maryjane Waru have been kept busy sharing responsibilities of around seven exec members between the two of them, but have had “100 percent attendance” at meetings.

NT plans to hold a by-election for the positions of secretary, treasurer and three exec members in the second week back from the mid-trimester break.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos