NT down to two staff

Result is 100% attendance at meetings

Ngai Tauira (NT), Vic’s Maori students’ association, now has only two exec members after its secretary resigned before the university year began.

NT Tumuaki Tuarua (Vice-President) Matt Gifford told Salient that their secretary, Llani Harding, didn’t so much resign as just “never took up the position” after her election to the post late last year.

Reporting to VUWSA at a recent exec meeting, Gifford said that he and Tumuaki (President) Maryjane Waru have been kept busy sharing responsibilities of around seven exec members between the two of them, but have had “100 percent attendance” at meetings.

NT plans to hold a by-election for the positions of secretary, treasurer and three exec members in the second week back from the mid-trimester break.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough