Pecking Order

Percentage of New Zealand inmates who re-offend within 12 months of leaving prison : 25

• Percentage of New Zealand inmates who participate in a Christian reform program, then re-offend within 12 months of leaving prison : 7
  • Year in which an atheist student group at the University of Texas handed out pornography to anyone who gave them a Bible as part of a “Smut for Smut” program : 2006
  • Chances that a movie released in the U.S. last year was pornographic : 9 in 10
  • Percentage of females that attended Christchurch’s Erotica Lifestyles Expo, last month : 52
  • Year by which humans will “be having sex with robots,” according to the head of the European Robotics Research Network : 2011
  • Percentage of women who have an orgasm during sex with a man, according to an Australian study : 69
  • Percentage who do during sex with another woman : 76
  • Percentage of woman who fake orgasms, according to a British study : 80
  • Ratio of the estimated number of people killed worldwide by war last year to the number killed by traffic : 1:4
  • Number of speeding tickets issued to kiwis, for driving between 6kmh and 10kmh over the limit in 2001, and 2006 (respectively) : 311, 34000
  • Number of weeks of daylight saving time in New Zealand compared with the United States and Europe (respectively) : 24, 33, 31
  • Years after rapper Chuck D called Elvis Presley “straight-out racist” that he claimed “a great deal of respect” for him : 14
  • Number of suicide bombings known to have been carried out by Iranians : 0
  • Percentage of Iranians and Kuwaitis, respectively, who say that the September 11 attacks were “totally justifiable” : 8, 18
  • Percentage of Americans who say this : 5
  • Cost of surface-to-air missiles and other weapons sold to Iran by Russia in 2005 : $1 Billion
  • Year in which Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Holocaust was a myth : 2005
  • Tons of mud a Mongolian girl has eaten since 1994, because she finds it “delicious” : 1.7

Salient needs more Pecking Orders. Please e-mail them to editor@salient.org.nz

SOURCES: 1, 2, 3 New Zealand Herald January 26 2005 4 XBiz (NSFW) 5 Adult
Video News (Chatsworth, Calif.)/ACNielsen (Hollywood, Calif.)/Adams Media Research
(Carmel Valley, Calif.) 6 http://www.eroticaexpo.co.nz 7 Henrik I. Christensen
(Stockholm) 8, 9 Juliet Richters, University of New South Wales (Sydney) 10 Harpers
Magazine 11 World Health Organization (Geneva) 12 Southland Times March 12 2007 13
New Zealand Herald March 10 2007. 14 Newsday November 8 2002/Harper’s Magazine
15 Robert Pape, University of Chicago 16, 17 The Gallup Organization (Princeton, N.J)
18 The Sydney Morning Herald 19 http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0612/S00265.
htm 20 Bao Bao (Xinxiang, China)

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn