Transport survey with cash incentive

The University, in partnership with the Greater Wellington Regional Council, is surveying staff and students to find out how they travel to university.

The Vic Commute survey is part of the University’s attempts to reduce its’ “environmental footprint” by encouraging the use of sustainable transport, and participants go in the draw to win one of 10 prizes of $100 cash.

A series of focus groups will also be undertaken in conjunction with the survey. Students and staff who wish to participate in a focus group should email Amanda.Hodges@vuw.ac.nz

The University claims the survey “only takes five minutes to complete”. However, Salient staff had completed only three-quarters of the survey in seven minutes before the website crashed.

The survey is open until March 25 at http:// www.vuw.ac.nz/fm

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1