Vic second at uni cricket champs

A team of talented Victoria University cricketers took on three Auckland cricket teams in a round robin last week and came out with a close second place.

Team manager Andrew Morris describes the final match against Auckland University of Technology (AUT) as “extremely close” with only one wicket between Vic and the top title. Morris says the Vic team, selected from clubs around Wellington, are “pretty top level players,” with a number of them representing Wellington at age-group level.

The team played a tough game against AUT, a team which included players who have represented New Zealand at a national level.

Morris is trying to get more universities involved in the champs as the number playing has dropped from six to three over the past few years.

Morris believes the allure of talent scouts will encourage more universities and talented players from Vic to get involved, if only he could get the New Zealand cricket association to endorse the event.

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con