Vic second at uni cricket champs

A team of talented Victoria University cricketers took on three Auckland cricket teams in a round robin last week and came out with a close second place.

Team manager Andrew Morris describes the final match against Auckland University of Technology (AUT) as “extremely close” with only one wicket between Vic and the top title. Morris says the Vic team, selected from clubs around Wellington, are “pretty top level players,” with a number of them representing Wellington at age-group level.

The team played a tough game against AUT, a team which included players who have represented New Zealand at a national level.

Morris is trying to get more universities involved in the champs as the number playing has dropped from six to three over the past few years.

Morris believes the allure of talent scouts will encourage more universities and talented players from Vic to get involved, if only he could get the New Zealand cricket association to endorse the event.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.