Vic second at uni cricket champs

A team of talented Victoria University cricketers took on three Auckland cricket teams in a round robin last week and came out with a close second place.

Team manager Andrew Morris describes the final match against Auckland University of Technology (AUT) as “extremely close” with only one wicket between Vic and the top title. Morris says the Vic team, selected from clubs around Wellington, are “pretty top level players,” with a number of them representing Wellington at age-group level.

The team played a tough game against AUT, a team which included players who have represented New Zealand at a national level.

Morris is trying to get more universities involved in the champs as the number playing has dropped from six to three over the past few years.

Morris believes the allure of talent scouts will encourage more universities and talented players from Vic to get involved, if only he could get the New Zealand cricket association to endorse the event.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip