Vic second at uni cricket champs

A team of talented Victoria University cricketers took on three Auckland cricket teams in a round robin last week and came out with a close second place.

Team manager Andrew Morris describes the final match against Auckland University of Technology (AUT) as “extremely close” with only one wicket between Vic and the top title. Morris says the Vic team, selected from clubs around Wellington, are “pretty top level players,” with a number of them representing Wellington at age-group level.

The team played a tough game against AUT, a team which included players who have represented New Zealand at a national level.

Morris is trying to get more universities involved in the champs as the number playing has dropped from six to three over the past few years.

Morris believes the allure of talent scouts will encourage more universities and talented players from Vic to get involved, if only he could get the New Zealand cricket association to endorse the event.

1. Why I voted for fee rises
  2. Fuck the Establishment
  3. Facebook upset over fee rises
  4. Hack Like Nobody’s Watching
  5. The Ian Curtis Memorial Wall, Wallace Street: An Investigation
  6. Why I Hate Baby Boomers
  7. Foibles of a Foxton Forger
  8. Coppers Become Croppers
  9. Word Up, Student Teachers!
  10. No room for philosophy icon

In the Shadow of the Kowloon Walled City

: At its peak, the Kowloon Walled City was home to 33,000 people in just two hectares of land—a hastily put together conglomerate of tiny apartments, one of top of the other, caged balconies slapped onto the sides and connected through a labyrinth of damp, dark corridors.