Uni Games team set to hold onto Shieldy

Preparation for Uni Games 2007 is well underway with registrations closing last week.

Team Vic Manager Brent Hayward says around 300 will be traveling to Christchurch next week to participate in 28 sports and plans are moving full-steam ahead. “The ferry, accommodation and buses are all booked; we’re just waiting on last minute confirmation from a couple of competitors,” says Hayward.

Assistant Team Vic Manager Silas Avery is “looking forward” to heading down to Christchurch, with such a “strong team”. He says they are still looking to try and fill last minute withdrawals, but the team overall is looking good. Rowing is particularly strong this year, reflecting the dedication of the Vic team. Both Basketball and Volleyball are fielding relatively large teams as well, which is looking promising in the effort to ‘bring home Shieldy’. Surfing however has the lowest number of competitors, with a team of only two.

A fundraising event for Team Vic’s Uni Games team will take place at The Establishment on April 4.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos