Uni Games team set to hold onto Shieldy

Preparation for Uni Games 2007 is well underway with registrations closing last week.

Team Vic Manager Brent Hayward says around 300 will be traveling to Christchurch next week to participate in 28 sports and plans are moving full-steam ahead. “The ferry, accommodation and buses are all booked; we’re just waiting on last minute confirmation from a couple of competitors,” says Hayward.

Assistant Team Vic Manager Silas Avery is “looking forward” to heading down to Christchurch, with such a “strong team”. He says they are still looking to try and fill last minute withdrawals, but the team overall is looking good. Rowing is particularly strong this year, reflecting the dedication of the Vic team. Both Basketball and Volleyball are fielding relatively large teams as well, which is looking promising in the effort to ‘bring home Shieldy’. Surfing however has the lowest number of competitors, with a team of only two.

A fundraising event for Team Vic’s Uni Games team will take place at The Establishment on April 4.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America