Eye on Exec: Fisting, poo and an IGM

Environmental Officer Tushara Kodikara described last week’s exec meeting as the most boring one so far this year, stopping short of labeling it “45 minutes of hell”.

I wasn’t actually there, but there’s conflicting evidence as to whether I missed anything good.

President Geoff Hayward said the Initial General Meeting has been moved from May 9 to May 23 at midday in the Mount Street Bar and Café. He says “the primary purpose of the IGM is to accept the Annual Report 2006, which also includes the audited accounts.”

“While 2006 may not be a great year for financial responsibility, the tabling of the report ends that chapter of VUWSA’s history.”

The date was also set for the upcoming by-election for Women’s Rights Officer and Education Officer (Welfare), for May 28-June 1, and a new Returning Officer, Pippa Strom has been appointed.

Also, Queer Rights Officer Rachael Wright text-messaged me shortly after the meeting to tell me about her discussion of poo during her exec report. “Geoff said he was glad Salient wasn’t there for it. But I thought it was vital the exec knew about the consequences of fisting.”

In conclusion, I’d have to say all signs point to yes – I missed out on the one meeting where the exec discussed a topic that matters.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. “He says “the primary purpose of the IGM is to accept the Annual Report 2006, which also includes the audited accounts.”

“While 2006 may not be a great year for financial responsibility, the tabling of the report ends that chapter of VUWSA’s history.””

Seriously? Congratulations to all – this is the first time in many many years that the annual report has actually been ready in time for the IGM (which admittedly is a little later than usual, but still!).

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties