IRD “Fixing” incorrect student loan statements

Inland Revenue (IRD) sent out up to 95,000 incorrect student loan statements last week that wrongly indicated interest had not been written off.

Up to twenty percent of borrowers, or 95,000 people, may have received the incorrect statements. About 160 called IRD to complain.

IRD spokeswoman Alison Welch told media the error occurred when interest had been written off in the system, but the data wasn’t transferred to the computer code which prints the statements out.

Welch said no accounts were affected by the error, and that corrected statements would be sent out over the next two weeks.

Laura McQuillan with reporting from NZPA

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,