Mo Month of May ‘a bit disappointing’ – Organiser

This year’s Mo Month of May has proven a disappointment for facial hair aficionados, with few students taking up the challenge.

The month, which raises money for Canteen, is a three-year-old ritual at Vic.

Organiser Paul “I wear my moustache year-round” Brown says one factor has been a lack of understanding by first-years of any month devoted to facial hair appreciation other than Movember.

“It’s not going too badly, we’ve raised a bit of money and last week was quite successful. The Quiz Night was okay. Things could be better, but I know there are a few people out there growing moustaches and a few people contributing.”

Brown says more advertising and organisers could also give the month a boost.

Although it’s too late to start your mo-growing, moustaches will be on sale in the Quad this Wednesday and next for $3.

— This Thursday, the Karaoke Spectacular takes place at Mount St Bar from 5:30pm.
— Final party on May 31 at MSBC, heaps of prizes from Nads, VUWSA, SkyCity Cinemas, as well as dvds and chicken gravy – more details coming soon.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

3. Daphne Commons
  4. Koridor
  5. Where I Came From
  6. A Survival Story
  7. Boomerang Cups: The Mug That Got Away
  8. A University or DHB? An Investigation
  10. Updates on Kylie Jenner’s Baby