Much-anticipated Threesome cancelled

WCC launches Operation Fun-Crackdown

The Threesome on Blair Street party has been cancelled due to Wellington City Council resource consent and noise restrictions.

The annual event, hosted by The Establishment, would block off Blair Street for a huge marquee and a show with Jordan Luck from The Exponents, along with entertainment and drinks specials all night.

Establishment managing director Andrew Gibson says the cancellation is disappointing, as Blair Street has previously been blocked off for numerous Establishment-hosted events, but that the Council is tightening laws on outdoor entertainment in the CBD.

“One of the reasons they gave me is that they had 118 complaints after the Cuba Street Carnival for outdoor music and what-have-you so it was unfotunate, but if we had it, we would have had no entertainment, we couldn’t have Jordan Luck. Even if we had the rugby playing and people cheered too loud, noise control could be called which is ridiculous.”

Gibson says The Establishment had spent a significant amount in preparation for the event, and is considering taking legal action.

The Establishment will still host the post-graduation Capping Ball on May 18. Tickets are available from the Kelburn VUWSA Office and The Establishment on Courtenay Place.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.