No Diet Day: Let them eat cake!

International No Diet Day takes place this Monday to spread the message of self-love and positive body image.

Despite only having been in the job a few weeks, Acting Women’s Rights Officer Georgina Dickson has planned a day of events, including “free sweet treats and fat beats” in the Quad, and a Karaoke and Pudding Competition from 7pm in Meeting Room 2 in the Student Union Building.

Dickson says the day is “a way of challenging people’s assumptions of what beauty is and what we should look like.”

“It’s definitely a good thing for university students and in particular females to get involved with simply due to the prevalence of low self-esteem and body image issues and the bombardment from the media of images and expectations that your body should look a certain way.”

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.