VUWSA IGM this week

Nick O’Kane moves sole constitutional amendment

VUWSA’s Initial General Meeting takes place this Wednesday to pass the 2006 Annual Report and appoint lawyers and auditors.

Students can also put forward motions at the meeting. Constitutional amendments had to be received 14 days prior, but only one has been submitted.

The amendment, from perennial VUWSA enthusiast Nicholas O’Kane, is on the topic of the annual VUWSA subscription, this year raised from $99 to $120.

The quorum required for the meeting is 100 students. VUWSA has recently had significant difficulty rallying enough students to make quorum, and O’Kane has typically called for quorum counts in attempts to lapse meetings.

The IGM will take place at midday in the Mount Street Bar on Wednesday.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. “and appoint lawyers and auditors.”

That’s at the AGM.

2. Kerry Tankard says:

god Edge, you still proofreading after the fact?
    Makes better sense to turn up in the early hours of Thursday morning if you want to be effective! Most of the glitches are still apparent at 2am….

3. The ammendment is to have a referendum on wether the levy increase should be repealed.

4. Chris says:

Someone’s got to point out the errors, Kerry.

5. Laura says:

SORRY I blame Alex. But not heaps.

6. Yeah – I figured it was a VUWSA mistake, rather than a Salient one.

7. …the media controls our actions… >.>

8. Clay says:

Beans!

9. Tushara says:

Why blame VUWSA… I had nought to do with the mistake….. As Laura said.. blame Alex

10. Why blame VUWSA?

I blamed VUWSA because at the time I made my first comment I did not know whose fault it was. My later comment indicated that at the time of my correction in the first comment, I was not finding fault with Laura’s article, but with VUWSA (not knowing at the time that comment was made who within VUWSA was personally at fault).

11. Tush says:

Like I have said before, its really sad that most of the students here at VUW don’t care about what VUWSA does for them (including most of the exec), but what is even sadder are those sad people (who aren’t VUWSA) that actual do care.. and by caring…spend their time commenting on blogs

12. Tush says:

P.S. What I meant by ‘most of the exec’ is that students don’t care about what good work most of the exec do.. not that most of the exec don’t care

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this