Class Rep Round-up

With term already upon us, the VUWSA Education Office is rolling out the class representative system for another trimester.

Education Vice-President Joel Cosgrove is looking for students keen to take on a leadership role within their class. “It’s not a hard job, but if something comes up, we need reps who can make sure their students are getting their money’s worth” he says. Cosgrove has revealed that as well as fulfilling their democratic duty, class reps will “get heaps of free shit.”

Class reps will be elected in the first two weeks of the trimester, with 45 minute training sessions in week three. Cosgrove is quick to emphasize the importance of proactive class reps: “We’ve had people bringing up issues from last trimester and there’s not much we can do about that. Bringing issues up when they happen means we can sort them out there and then.”

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos