Class Rep Round-up

With term already upon us, the VUWSA Education Office is rolling out the class representative system for another trimester.

Education Vice-President Joel Cosgrove is looking for students keen to take on a leadership role within their class. “It’s not a hard job, but if something comes up, we need reps who can make sure their students are getting their money’s worth” he says. Cosgrove has revealed that as well as fulfilling their democratic duty, class reps will “get heaps of free shit.”

Class reps will be elected in the first two weeks of the trimester, with 45 minute training sessions in week three. Cosgrove is quick to emphasize the importance of proactive class reps: “We’ve had people bringing up issues from last trimester and there’s not much we can do about that. Bringing issues up when they happen means we can sort them out there and then.”

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.