July 16, 2007 | by  | in Theatre |

dGARE – 360 Degrees

17 July – 21 July, 7pm
Te Whaea, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown
$15 / $12, Bookings: 04 381 9253

Wellington based singer-songwriter dGare presents 360 Degrees of darkness and light in this award winning concert. Singing of life’s struggles and successes, apparently we’ll be lured out of our comfort zone to truly examine the issues. She questions everything from the 60 minute sofa cure provided by therapists, to artistic criticism, technology and schizophrenia. A full on multimedia experience, this performance has evolved from the album 360 degrees, which dGARE first showcased at Wellingtons Fringe Festival. This time dGARE is accompanied by Doug Stenhouse on keyboards and Paul Streekstra on guitar.

Soundscape design is by Gil Craig and lighting design by Sefton Bates.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this