July 30, 2007 | by  | in Film |

Eagle vs Shark

This is a film everybody has been waiting for. Lily is a sweet woman who works at a fast food place. She has a crush on Jarrod, a geek who works at the computer store across from her. She manages to get an invitation to his “dress as your favorite animal” party, and the two hook up. Jarrod convinces Lily to travel with him to his hometown so he can get revenge on the bully that picked on him in school.

To start off, there are many good things about Eagle vs Shark – the acting by everybody is great, it looks great and is packed with of lots of visually cool stuff, the soundtrack is superb and there is some very funny stuff. But it’s just not a good film. It’s all quirk and no substances, and this is coming from someone who likes quirky films. There was no real story, so it’s really hard to care what happens. The resolutions of conflict between the characters actually don’t take place and are instead substituted with cheesy and pointless animation.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos