Mysterious car park inhabitants nowhere to be found

Suspicions have been raised that the cliff side underneath the Wai-te-ata Road carpark is inhabited by squatters, following the discovery of beds and snacks.

Sleeping bags, cardboard mattresses, clothing, couches, empty beer bottles, KFC boxes, and wooden boards for shelter were discovered by a Salient source last week.

Wai-te-ata residents told Salient they have not seen the squatters, nor attempted to make contact. Salient’s attempts to track down the squatters also failed last week.

University Communications Adviser Stephanie Gray confirmed the hillside beneath the car park is university property, but at time of press was unable to comment on whether the University would take any action.

Director of Facilities Management Jenny Bentley says her department will be checking up on it, but that the University has received no complaints.

The Wellington City Council has a number of homelessness strategies in place, including night shelters, housing, a ‘Survival Guide to Wellington’ and contributions to The Wellington Intersectorial Group on homelessness.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip