Mysterious car park inhabitants nowhere to be found

Suspicions have been raised that the cliff side underneath the Wai-te-ata Road carpark is inhabited by squatters, following the discovery of beds and snacks.

Sleeping bags, cardboard mattresses, clothing, couches, empty beer bottles, KFC boxes, and wooden boards for shelter were discovered by a Salient source last week.

Wai-te-ata residents told Salient they have not seen the squatters, nor attempted to make contact. Salient’s attempts to track down the squatters also failed last week.

University Communications Adviser Stephanie Gray confirmed the hillside beneath the car park is university property, but at time of press was unable to comment on whether the University would take any action.

Director of Facilities Management Jenny Bentley says her department will be checking up on it, but that the University has received no complaints.

The Wellington City Council has a number of homelessness strategies in place, including night shelters, housing, a ‘Survival Guide to Wellington’ and contributions to The Wellington Intersectorial Group on homelessness.

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat