Mysterious car park inhabitants nowhere to be found

Suspicions have been raised that the cliff side underneath the Wai-te-ata Road carpark is inhabited by squatters, following the discovery of beds and snacks.

Sleeping bags, cardboard mattresses, clothing, couches, empty beer bottles, KFC boxes, and wooden boards for shelter were discovered by a Salient source last week.

Wai-te-ata residents told Salient they have not seen the squatters, nor attempted to make contact. Salient’s attempts to track down the squatters also failed last week.

University Communications Adviser Stephanie Gray confirmed the hillside beneath the car park is university property, but at time of press was unable to comment on whether the University would take any action.

Director of Facilities Management Jenny Bentley says her department will be checking up on it, but that the University has received no complaints.

The Wellington City Council has a number of homelessness strategies in place, including night shelters, housing, a ‘Survival Guide to Wellington’ and contributions to The Wellington Intersectorial Group on homelessness.

1. Music
  2. WCC put in naughty corner by central government
  3. The sickest new dean
  4. Students strike sky-high rent
  5. More tax cuts for rich people
  6. Fire alarms Castle Street
  7. Everybody Poops
  8. Major protests in PNG
  9. Victoria hero graduates
  10. Govt says mental health services are fine
blues

Soul, Freedom, and Bluesfest

: The idea of throwing a massive birthday party is my worst nightmare. So it should come as no surprise that when the time came for me to plan my 21st birthday, I avoided giving anyone who asked a straight answer. Mum wanted a party, I wanted out. I wanted to run away. I was enroll