Student thespians to celebrate play with Mad Hatter’s Tea Party

A collection of young theatre practitioners, many from Victoria, have banded together to form production company The Playground Collective.

Company directors Robin Kerr and Eli Kent set up the company after participating in the Young and Hungry festival at BATS. They discovered a lack of opportunities for young theatre practitioners, so they set up their company to create opportunities for themselves, and people like them.

Their first production was the sell-out show The Hunting of the Snark (based on the Lewis Carroll poem) in the NZ Comedy festival. The group is now set for their second season of this show, on at BATS from 31 July – 4 August.

To celebrate the return season, The Playground Collective are hosting a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party-themed launch party this Thursday night, at The Mighty Mighty. The party includes games, a kissing booth, prizes and live acts The Bonnie Scarlets, Stephen Jackson, Colonel Mustard and The VBC’s Puckarazzi.

The return season of The Hunting of the Snark runs from July 31 – August 4 at BATS.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties