Student thespians to celebrate play with Mad Hatter’s Tea Party

A collection of young theatre practitioners, many from Victoria, have banded together to form production company The Playground Collective.

Company directors Robin Kerr and Eli Kent set up the company after participating in the Young and Hungry festival at BATS. They discovered a lack of opportunities for young theatre practitioners, so they set up their company to create opportunities for themselves, and people like them.

Their first production was the sell-out show The Hunting of the Snark (based on the Lewis Carroll poem) in the NZ Comedy festival. The group is now set for their second season of this show, on at BATS from 31 July – 4 August.

To celebrate the return season, The Playground Collective are hosting a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party-themed launch party this Thursday night, at The Mighty Mighty. The party includes games, a kissing booth, prizes and live acts The Bonnie Scarlets, Stephen Jackson, Colonel Mustard and The VBC’s Puckarazzi.

The return season of The Hunting of the Snark runs from July 31 – August 4 at BATS.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough