Summit for youth to tell thoughts to politicians

YouthConnect, a conference for young people who want to be a part of shaping New Zealand’s future, takes place next Monday.

The one day event is described by organizers as “an incredible and innovative opportunity for young people to be part of creating the future in NZ that we want for ourselves. It’s an event that is being run by young people for young people.”

The event will be broadcast around the world on the internet, and ideas and opinions will be transmitted to politicians, business people and other leaders.

Organisers are seeking around 4000 people aged 16-25 from around the country to take part in the event, which features live bands and giveaways.

The Wellington event takes place at the Town Hall from 9am-4pm. Registrations are urgent. For more information on the project, visit www.youth3.co.nz.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos